10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

eyefinity 7 monitor setup

Hi all,

Im a complete newbie when it comes to simulators but I caught the bug over the last couple of months.. Anyhow I wanted to build a dream setup so started trawling google for recommended setups and settled on a multiscreen eyefinity setup.. I built the pc myself using what appeared to be the latest and greatest consisting of .

Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Socket overclocked to 4.6

Corsair TX 850W V2 PSU

Corsair Hydro Series H100 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866Mhz

Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z Z68 Socket 1155 8 Channel HD Audio EATX Motherboard

1x 6870 2GB GDDR5 Eyefinity 6 Edition Mini DisplayPort x 6

2x HD 6970 2GB GDDR5 Dual DVI Dual Mini DisplayPort HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card in crossfire

3x Corsair 120GB Force GT SSD Hard drive

Monitors-

5x NEC 23 INCH WIDE DVI-D BLACK MONITOR WITH LED BLU displayport 5x1 portrait giving a 5400x1980 res

1x hp 23" touch screen (for main panel 2d gauges) 1x 19" standard monitor(for overhead display)

The setup was fairly straight forward all though the 5x1 eyefinity was a little tricky and catalyst would refuse to go into 5x1 portrait unless you did things in a certain order. But these are the issues im getting.

1, With FSX settings all set as per ORBX guidelines (all pretty high)

Frame rate starts at 25 fps, but after about 30 seconds will begin dropping to 10 fps, decreasing the Auto gen density to dense, sees an improvement for a few minutes and then framerate drops again, reducing auto gen further to normal sees another short improvement before dropping again..I have tried both unlimited target frame rates and fixing frame rates to 25 fps (the later seems to work better) but still after spending this much I was hoping for better..

2. I have installed FSPS - Xtreme FSX Booster hoping to fix the issue but this does not seem to improve anything.

3. even when the FPS is running at 25 I get these strange checkered effect patterns flash up while flying around,

4. Selecting to view 2d main panel results in a flickering mouse and no visible pannel, I have read up on this and have tried the panel .cfg tweaks which resize the main panel but they did not work for me..The way I had to get around it is by turning off the eyefinity and running as a single main monitor, then use shift 1 to display the main panel, undock it move it to the extended monitor, save the aircraft, shut down FSX and restart eyefinity and fsx and load the aircraft and then the main panel appears.

5. Tweaking? I have seen alot of posts reguarding activating cores in the cfg by using [JobScheduler]
    AffinityMask=14 I tried it but did not see an improvement and I am unsure if this was just for earlier tweaking befoer FSX gold and acceleration sp1 and 2 which is waht I am using. So what tweaks if any should be used with a system like mine?

Maybe Iam just asking to much out of the system running at 5400 x 1980 but I suppose I should see what framerates I get running on a single monitor at 1980x1080 then expand to 3 monitors and so on.. But hopefully someone has an idea so I can make use of a 5x1 setup..

10+ Posting Member

Re: eyefinity 7 monitor setup

Maybe i can help u. Never tested 5x eye just 3, but there is lot of things tweak to work correctly. It woild be a longer post so stay tuned, i write it after work

10+ Posting Member

Thanks for the reply.. I did get it all working but have since moved on to 3x 3d projectors using an nvidia gtx590 card.. Just did not get on with the bevels..

10+ Posting Member

I use more or less a simular system except i use : Sapphire Radeaon HD 6950 and Sapphire HD 5700 with crossfire. With 3D Benchmark i get a score over 24000 which is not bad at all, but with FSX no higher then 15fps on the ground only with a 2 monitor (24") setup. I tried tweaking, fsx booster, etc, ... Nothing works. You thing nvidia cards are more suited for FSX ?