Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    500+ This must be a daytime job Ronson2k9's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: How to remove the OBS knob from a gauge.

Well 3/64 of an inch is 0.046875 inches. So seems really quite close. 3.2 thousands of an inch smaller then the hole or 1.6 thousands smaller on all sides. As the hole is presumably 50 thousands across seems like it will work. Take it slow though. Wrench is very small and could twist/brake so keep that in mind. I'd almost be inclined to use a pin vice and cut and clamp into vice. This will reduce the amount of torsion coming back up the wrench as it's much shorter. Keep that as option two if the wrench twists and or breaks. Set screw can't be in there that hard though.. not really thready and short. To tight would strip the threads in the plastic knob.

Best of luck
    Ron

BTW Model Railroading and Flight Simming have a lot in common from the electronics to working with small items, gear ratios and the like. Both are seeking to control a model of the physical world except one is in the computer the other is on a table top...
    Up Up and away in my beautiful my beautiful - Amphibian

2. Thanks No Longer Active thanked for this post
    1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: How to remove the OBS knob from a gauge.

The 3/64 is too small, and the 1.5mm is too large, so looks like I am going to have to file down a 1.5mm
    GA or the Highway!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12