Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    500+ This must be a daytime job Ronson2k9's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: DIY RADIO STACK HELP

Can't you adjust the orientation of the monitor via video card software? My nvidia card will let me set the orientation of the monitor output.
    Up Up and away in my beautiful my beautiful - Amphibian

150+ Forum Groupie Cessna172sim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ronson2k9 View Post
    Can't you adjust the orientation of the monitor via video card software? My nvidia card will let me set the orientation of the monitor output.
    I'm sure this is also possible but I would still have to confirm it from my brother who is responsible for all the building and planning.

25+ Posting Member

Thanks for the information Vectro,

I took a quick look at RealityXP and the software does interest me. During the short look I did not notice if it could run on a second computer which is something I would like. I downloaded open control from FSOPEN last night and messed with it until I accidently closed it without saving what I was working on.

From what I could tell it has the ability to run on a second computer. You can place controls on it and more importantly set it up on a monitor to display items such as frequencies. Tis may work similiar to yours.

Interested in the panels. Did you make them or had them made? Actually for me I need to work on the other items first.

Please keep the information coming.

Again, Thanks

Jake

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Vectro,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I might think about giving them a try as they are reasonably priced.

Kind Regards

Bernie.
    E8400 @ 3.0GHz, DDR2 Ram 800MHz 4Gb, Vista Home Premium 64Bit, MSI 9800GT @ 512Mb, Philips 22" LCD Widescreen, Cockpit Setup X 5 using Wideview and Widetraffic.

150+ Forum Groupie Cessna172sim's Avatar

The frontplate in the picture is ordered from Germany:
    http://www.schaeffer-ag.de/index.php?id=97&L=1

You download the Designer software from their website and then make your desired frontplate.
    You can then place an order and wait for the finished product via post. Pretty easy and straightforward.
    The quality is 100% perfect and since the panels are powder coated aluminum it doesn't wear out.

The only minus is quite high price. Our frontpanel cost appr. 260 USD.

Right now we are actually updating the frontplate. My friend built his own CNC machine and he made us a new backlighted front panel. You can find more info from this topic: http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/show...or-GA-cockpits
    BR,
    /OP

10+ Posting Member

So, the simpit has been progressing at a very slow rate (or not at all) and I am currently on P3D instead of FSX. I was looking at using the Mindstar G1000 on my panels (sure its not completely realistic for all airplanes, but it handles all my needs) and undocking them, but for the life of me I can't get them to show in Full Screen without first being in Windowed Mode and switching.

My system has two graphics cards in it (ATI Radeon HD 5570 and nVidia Quadro NVS 290). The ATI handles 3 monitors on an Eyefinity setup and the NVS has two monitors attached via DVI.

Both cards work just fine and I can use them without problems in the sim (visual quality reduced to get decent FPS), but I am hoping there is a way to not have the annoyance of switching from Windowed to Full-Screen and vice versa each time I open the sim or switch aircraft.

To fix, if able, I am more than willing to wipe the computer clean and start from scratch.

Thanks in advance.

Justin

EDIT: I'd be willing to go to X-Plane and use the FlyThisSim software if I could find a plugin like FS Force 2. Oh, and I have seen the Flight1 stuff, but would rather not have to spend a few hundred dollars to just run gauges (plus the cost of finding a second computer that would run them.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12