Thread: I'm in

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

I'm in

It all started with a Saitek Joystick and an Apache sim program. It's now a full blown hobby. I know because I can't ignore all three halmarks; costs allot, wastes time(in the eyes of others), irritates the spouse. But I love it!
    I'm a robotics consultant by day. I'm building a generic right now. I may go down the fully modeled cockpit later but for now I enkoy the Lear45, F-18 and 737 airframes. It's a 'portable' unit in that it's (will be) fully enclosed and on casters. I have a dedicated Gateway gaming computer, Matrox T-head 2g with 2 coupled graphics boards. I'm just now switching from an Saitek x52 joystick to a Cesna Pro yoke. I have a whole bunch of new GF stuff - still waiting on a few things - and the VR-Insight GPS500.
    All in all things are going well but I think I'm entering the dark side. I'm now looking for expirence based advice on which interface board I should get. I want something easy - I spend all day programming so I want something that does not require a big learning curve. The phidget's seem to fill the bill but there are several others out there. My question is, which one has the best trade of available 'cockpit' functions to the time/cost function.

Cheers!

Re: I'm in

Welcome! Looking forward to your progress
    Arjen
    -----
    "There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch." (Nigel Powers in Goldmember)

500+ This must be a daytime job

The board is not usually what provides you "available cockpit functions". Those are handled for most aircraft by Peter Dowson's FSUIPC program. It is well worth the 40 bucks. It allows you to assign functions that FSX does not to most interfaces, including your Saitek joystick. Check that out before you go for hardware.

Reid
    http://juneaucessnasim.blogspot.com
    N58243 (virtual)- Low and Slow...

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    By far the 737 is the 'plane to build' but there are hundreds of other unique types that look fantastic.

The decision is yours, and is mainly based on time, budget, & space.

Looking forward to your progress
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk