Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Saving Multiplayer Views?

Hi, I've been working on a sim build that has three projectors for the outside visuals (with warping) as well as a monitor for each of Pilot, Co-Pilot, and Engine Instruments. I want to be able to fly multiplayer and load all of my views and panels without having to manually arrange them all each time I join a multiplayer session. I can set it up in the .FLT files for single player saved flights, but has anyone figured out some way to do it for multiplayer? ...or to use the parameters of a single player saved flight for a multiplayer session?

Thanks,

Michael

300+ Forum Addict
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Saving Multiplayer Views?

Yes, we would like to know the same answer for GameSpy Multiplayer Flying. For Vatsim, it's the way you set it up for single player, by saving the .FLT file. However, for Gamespy, there is file called multiplayer .FLT, but it does not work for retaining the settings.

After trying this may times, it is almost conclusive that the multiplayer is dependant upon the hosts settings at the time. Although, it would be worth trying to see if this is true based upon you being the host, in which case, we haven't tried yet...

If someone knows, do tell because we like flying Gamespy for the reasons of talking with others. As with VatSim, if an ATC is working, you get to talk to them, but when they are not working, you must do all Unicom transmissions via text messages, and that is seriously stupid! Try being on 10 mile final where you're busy (by yourself) going through checklist, flying the aircraft and wait for it, wait for it; you have to reach over and type on a laptop: KMSP trfc on final for 30L ILS at 10DME, desc from 5000...NWA007 hv you visually. Oh yeah! Lots of fun there because it really looks like this: Kmspp trffcc ob finlll for30l ils ayu& 10 DME, blah, bla, blah...you get the point.

Being on VatSim is great because it is serious (like World Flight event), but there are sessions in GameSpy that were just as serious, like BostonATC or FSMP where you got to annouce your Unicom calls. Therefore, it would be nice to do both multiplayer methods. So, if someone figures this out. psot it...

BSD