Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Need interface recommendation

I'm a robotics engineer so I spend my days working on code and interfaces. I want something for my cockpit that is very simple as an interface with lots of cockpit options. I'm frustrated by the lack of cockpit options with my GoFlight hardware and Lear45 controls; like can't control left and right fuel pumps seperately.
    Phidgets seem to be the simplest but there are several others out there. I also want to get at the more advanced instrumentation of the flight control systems but between GF and FXS there are just not many paths - that I know of...
    What's the best interface choice and why?

Thanks,

Re: Need interface recommendation

InterfaceIT and the sys cards from FDS.

500+ This must be a daytime job

FSUIPC is pretty essential if you are not using it. It allows access to all sorts of controls through software that are not available from the FSX menu. It is the middle man between your hardware and FSX.

As far as interfaces go, are you looking for inputs to FSX, outputs form FSX or both?

For Inputs to FSX it is hard to beat Leo Bodnar's BUO836X for ease. You just clip the wires into the card quick release, solder the other ends to your switch or analog axis, and FSX or Fsuipc will see it as a game controller and allow you to select functions just like any joystick.

For outputs I am currently using a phidgets led64 card to drive a few indicator lights. There is a freeware program called FS2P that is available in the downloads sections here. It allows you to pull data from fsx to do a number of things...light led's, drive servos for instruments, and much more I don't use. It does not have a terribly steep learning curve. More than plug and play, but less than programming robots!

If you really want flexibility, but with a more coding, you may want to check out the Arduino forum here. Seems those little suckers can do a lot if you "speak the language".

Good Luck!

Reid
    http://juneaucessnasim.blogspot.com
    N58243 (virtual)- Low and Slow...

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi JMiller5,

Have a look at the Pokeys Cards here http://www.flightsimparts.eu/simulator.html for versatility and simplicity at it's best.

Kind Regards

Bernie.
    E8400 @ 3.0GHz, DDR2 Ram 800MHz 4Gb, Vista Home Premium 64Bit, MSI 9800GT @ 512Mb, Philips 22" LCD Widescreen, Cockpit Setup X 5 using Wideview and Widetraffic.