Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Your Donations are needed!!!! Why? iPad, Safari and Advertising Hyperlinks?

Donation Updates

Date Donations Total Donors Amount Sub Total
    December 2, 2011 2 41 $87.00 $1283.00
    December 3, 2011 2 43 $34.00 $1317.00
    December 4, 2011 4 47 $65.00 $1382.00
    December 5, 2011 2 49 $20.00 $1402.00
    December 6, 2011 0 49 0 $1402.00
    (out of 4,000+++ users a day)

THANK YOU!!!! to our loyal users/members for continued support

PS: Just a reminder of what Jon posted...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
    A note that you may want to do. I don't normally post about my donations, but in making a donation to you I discovered that if you select "GIFT" option, you receive 100% of donations from bank account (PayPal waives the fees). If you select "PAY FOR GOODS" then PayPal takes up to 4% for the transaction. This is the best way to make sure that you get the most bang for your buck...or should I say "bank" for your buck!!

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Post Re: Your Donations are needed!!!! Why? iPad, Safari and Advertising Hyperlinks?

Just in case you missed the "Donation Updates," they have been moved to HERE

SkimLinks

Regarding the "SkimLinks" advertising; in case you don't know what that is... it's the words marked in blue in the forum text, which will direct you to either the vendor of a product or where to buy the product. MyCockpit.org will receive a fee every time you mouse over and a separate fee when you click to the site.

At first, I thought we would give it a try. I thought this may be annoying, but after a while, in many ways it is informative, a link of where to buy and vendor web site.

I also thought, the revenue would not be worth the effort.

"SkimLinks" has now been running for 1 month and the amount of revenue is $186.65. BTW, it's only added the "SkimLink" words for any post that have been made this past month, this will exponentially grow.

No revenue has been collected, yet. It takes 60 days to process revenue. The above mentioned amount sits in the "SkimLinks" account.

AdSense

I signed up for "AdSense" around the same time as "SkimLinks" but held off the implementation to see how we do with donations.

I follow the forums regarding the management of websites and of course revenue is usually a major concern, particularly those sites that have high volume and high disk space usage.

"AdSense" is a popular way of receiving revenue. The ads are very individually focused ads, as you've probably experienced at other sites. So you will see an additional ad soon from "AdSense.:

My Goal

It's never been my attention for MyCockpit.org users to pay a fee or make donations. I want MyCockpit.org to be self sufficient. I believe we should be able to depend on Flight Sim Building vendors, but unfortunately some vendors do not agree to participate.

As you all know, the world is going through a financial crisis, this effects everyone, one way or another. Our vendors/manufacturers need to be careful to keep their heads above water. Historically advertising is one of the first expenses that are cut. This is not necessarily what I believe is in the best interest of vendor/manufacturer.

Advertising renewals will be coming up within the next several months, we'll see what happens, in the meantime, we need to plan ahead. Therefore it's for the best interest of MyCockpit.org SkimLinks and AdSense advertising will stay in the works.

It's also my goal, to have at least one year of expense funds available in the MyCockpit.org account.

Finally, I'll keep you up to date on our financial standing.

Thank you for all of those that continue to support our site.

Matt Olieman

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345