Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Your Donations are needed!!!! Why? iPad, Safari and Advertising Hyperlinks?

Quote Originally Posted by davek View Post
    As subscribers, we would have access to all forums, whereas those public visitors have access to the general forum only. A little bit restrictive, but for MyCockpit to survive, there needs to be a change to the way you do business to keep it going.
    I dont like that idea, I think it would totally kill the site.
    As it stands posts are not that regular and to limit it even further to subscribers would be too much of a restriction.
    That is my pet hate about forums, having to set up an account just to read the topics - I normally don't bother and move on.
    Allan.

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Thank you for all of your great comments and ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by skino View Post
    I do not have Paypal. How else can I donate? I would like to donate on a regular basis

since one of the best cockpit sides is that I know and I both on the helpfulness of the

members and of their deep expertise'm excited again.[/U][/B]
    The most practical and lest expensive way I know how (although it may be labor intent for me and I don't mind) is for me to send you a PayPal invoice by email. You'll have an option to pay by credit card without having a PayPal account.

For those of you who would like to do this, please PM me with your email address and the amount you would like to donate.

@davek and notgotaclue, you're both right. It's always been my philosophy to keep MyCockpit.org an open site and times we've experimented with Members Only area and only found a reduction of traffic in those areas. So the restrictions were removed and traffic improved.

YESTERDAYS DONATIONS

MyCockpit.org had a total of 11 donations, some were extremely generous. A total of $454.00

THANK YOU!!!

Matt Olieman

500+ This must be a daytime job

Matt can you create a subscription through PayPal (what they call a "recurring payment") of say $10 per month? I don't mind donating but can only remember to do so every few months. I think we all wouldn't mind contributing on a monthly basis.

300+ Forum Addict

Matt you really need a PO Box so that members can mail you a check, Money Order or whatever; even your home address would be fine... The point is there are likely a few who want to donate, but don't use Paypal and/or Credit Card. Besides, why give money to pay fees at Paypal/Credit Card company (when charged), that fee money could be donated to MYC right?

The old saying goes "Even Pennies Add Up"; although, it is asked that members donate US dollars, Euros or whatever currency your country uses because anything helps keep the website alive.

You could email a person a received letter for funds they've mailed to you... Any method that is possible to get the donations, is better than no donations. So, if possible, help those members out by providing an address to you.

Another question, is MYC non-profit? Since you do not do this for self profit, have you thought of getting the website listed as non-profit for tax reasons, that way people could count the donation as a chartible donation. With that, it makes giving to a cause a whole lot more valuable tax wise...

Otherwise, it is AWESOME to see so many members who do care about keeping this site going. Please keep the donations coming...

Any word on advertisers helping out again? Hopefully, they realize the value of this site and take out more ads?

BSD

Matt I agree I dont like the restricted subs only areas either, just an idea to propose.

When i was running my boating forum I paid all the costs for that, which was only about 500 bucks per year, but this one is certainly not a forum you can afford to run on your own unless you are a rich western australian sim manufacturer...hahaha

The most important point that jumps out from the replies here, and the donations made to date is that most people dont mind paying a donation, its more of a remembering issue for most of us.

Its also obvious that you shouldnt be shy in asking for donations as this post indicates there are plenty of us willing to chip in towards the cost.

What about if at the beginning of each month you post a 'Subs are Due' post as a gentle reminder for ppl to make a regular small contribution. A link to Paypal for payment included.
    Cheers
    Dave

500+ This must be a daytime job

Quote Originally Posted by davek View Post
    The most important point that jumps out from the replies here, and the donations made to date is that most people dont mind paying a donation, its more of a remembering issue for most of us.

Its also obvious that you shouldnt be shy in asking for donations as this post indicates there are plenty of us willing to chip in towards the cost.

What about if at the beginning of each month you post a 'Subs are Due' post as a gentle reminder for ppl to make a regular small contribution. A link to Paypal for payment included.
    Dave, PayPal has a recurring payment option that some forums I'm a member of use, along with some magazines. That way you could decide what you would be willing to donate monthly and "subscribe" accordingly. No need for reminders, or for us to try to remember to donate each month.

Quote Originally Posted by blueskydriver View Post
    Matt you really need a PO Box so that members can mail you a check, Money Order or whatever; even your home address would be fine...
    BSD
    If this is an issue, and you can't donate using PayPal and you are willing to send a check. Please write me a PM.

Otherwise Efe's comments regarding PayPal's "recurring payment" I can do that, you'll have to let me know via PM.

Since the first post in this thread mentioning donations, we've had 20 donations with a total of $664 (not including today).

I think as an interesting observation.... as of this writing, today we've had 2,901 unique visitors to MyCockpit.org

Matt O.

Again, in behalf of MyCockpit.org members and users... WE THANK YOU for your contributions.

Yesterday we had 5 donations, a total of $140.00

To date we have a total of 25 donations, a total of $804.00.

Matt Olieman

Yesterday we had 4 donations, a total of $140.00

To date we have a total of 29 donations, a total of $944.00

THANK YOU!!!!

Matt Olieman

Hi,
    So the website will be running for another 3 months - I better get a move on with my build
    Allan.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast