25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

leo bodnar buo836x

hi there, I want to wire a tq that I'm building to a buo836x card the will be located inside an mcp that I also plan to build. Does anyone know if it's ok to connect all the gnd wires coming from the tq axis's and buttons together and just run one gnd wire and all the individual button wires to the card and connect the shared gnd wire to just one of the gnd terminals on the card.The reason being, to save almost 50% of the wires needed and the time and effort to connect each individual gnd wire .I know it's ok to to share gnd when connecting a rotary encoder,you have to.Im afraid to try it out as I'm not sure if I may damage the card or somthing else.Any feedback welcome,cheers John

Re: leo bodnar buo836x

I'm sure it would probably work but you would make it very difficult to replace a component or trouble shoot if something isn't working. If your only going from the TQ to the MCP your only looking at 2-3 feet of wire, the saving really wouldn't be that much.

Shawn

500+ This must be a daytime job ian@737ng.co.uk's Avatar

Re: leo bodnar buo836x

hi john.......
    using the bu0836x card, you can indeed share the GND between all your button inputs (i do it all the time building panels
    for colleagues). see leo's site http://www.leobodnar.com/products/BU0836X/. in the features section he says the GND can be shared because each input is independant.
    however i would not share the GND with your pots, keep those seperate.
    hope that helps you out cap'n.......
    rgds

ian
    Mr. Ian. P. Sissons is hereby recognised as an Honorary Flight Sim Captain following his passing in February 2016. This is in recognition for his commitment to Flight Simulation.

www.mycockpit.org Featured Builder August 2008 www.737ng.co.uk
    FS9/PROSIM737/CPFLIGHT/Lots of BU0836X's and a Beer Fridge