150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

How much will it cost to build a CNC machine?

Hello i wonder how much it will cost to build a CNC machine? is it posible to build it bellow 1000 NOK? how big will it be then???

Regards

Have CNC-----will build.

Re: How much will it cost to build a CNC machine?

I built my own machine, and with the machine, used computer to run it, Mach 3, CUT2D, steppers, power supply, stepper controller board, actually everything need to start cutting was about $900.00 US. Maybe a bit less. The cutting area of the machine I built is about 11.5" x 24". ( 292.1mm x 609mm). Any other questions, just ask.

Milt

10+ Posting Member

I’m selling a CNC router engraver drilling/Milling machine Project.

It includes all you see in the photos as like 4 Axis CNC Stepper Motor Driver Controller Board, Power Supply, 3 stepper Motors, Supports most parallel software MACH3,KCAM4 etc! the project is not finished but anyone how wants to build is own CNC it will be a big step forward all will save more then an half price. Asking price 550 euros plus shipping.

If you have more questions just sent it to vamaral@portugalmail.com

Thank you

Vitor

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by vamaral View Post
    I’m selling a CNC router engraver drilling/Milling machine Project.

It includes all you see in the photos as like 4 Axis CNC Stepper Motor Driver Controller Board, Power Supply, 3 stepper Motors, Supports most parallel software MACH3,KCAM4 etc! the project is not finished but anyone how wants to build is own CNC it will be a big step forward all will save more then an half price. Asking price 550 euros plus shipping.

If you have more questions just sent it to vamaral@portugalmail.com

Thank you

Vitor
    No thanks! i will build it self! will be much cheap price. The drawning here is right dimensjon and working area is 150x100cm What do you think??

I have a Sieg X3 milling machine that I will be converting to a closed loop stepper or servo system. I am going to use a KFLOP motion controller.
    I am budgeting 3,000$ USD to this project. This does not include any of the software.
    I am going to start my own machine shop and service business making parts with it. For flight sim and other hobbies.
    This will happen if I move back to Florida early next year.
    It can probably be done for 2,000$.
    Don't go cheap on the ball screws, you do not want any backlash. No backlash = climb milling, and opens up a lot more options.

Hello super2277.

Im building a CNC milling right now, and I think everything will go on ~2000 SEK (~235€). But, this is without computer, PSU and software (OK, did recevid Mach3 from my school for free). I think the milling will be 400x400 mm. 3 axis.

If you want any help och have questions, or want to help me, contact me then!

Cheers

75+ Posting Member

I see that this person who started the topic here, is from Norway, I too.

You can buy one CNC machine in eBay.Com. And, we can trying to using the Blender 3D to making 3D models and port it to the file format that Mach3 reads.
    Du kan kjøpe en CNC maskin i eBay.com. Og, vi kan prøve å bruke Blender 3D til å lage 3D modell og porte den til filformat som Mach3 leser.

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

I think, The cost of machine will about 500 to 600 euros because it has been made with good material.

25+ Posting Member

i has build 2 cnc and first i made own brinted circuid board, wery little wood and other cheap parts i no remember what board has but internet i load all files ready. cost about 40-50 euro.
    i use thats only circuit board carving. work area has about 100 x 100mm.
    then i made big machine whit aluminium profile 50 x 50 and nema 24 motors, and germany orden stepper board ready, need only build all components to board and ready, all good guality parts and cost about 300 euro, work area has 700 x 1000mm.
    wood carving.
    now i orden ebay/dealextreme, 2 different board, TB6560 and second i no know name.
    first cost 22 euro, and second 13 euro and second need stepper motor drivers too ,come expensive because drivers have about 50 euro/side. and motors have about 50/pcs, too.
    7-segment display can add ready connect to board and cost 13 euro, and manual hand drive wheel about 20 euro.
    linear bearing and rod about bearing 6 euro/4 pcs, and rod 15 euro/meter. (china) and guality has good what i have now.
    BUT if need made strong metal carving machine cost come about up to 1000 euro because need stronged frame and motors (nema 34) high torgue. and linear rails need strong too and no cheap. what you need build little hobby machine or big working machine, you can build but need money lot if made strong big machine.