Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Starting to build a 737(NGx) cockpit

Interesting isn't it, how people have their own preferences. Sorry for hijacking the thread a bit, just had a few questions no one was answering in my other thread. If I could get my head around SIOC, it seems that OC would be the way to go, especially if you wanted to add outputs or servos, it all interconnects together.

Ollie

75+ Posting Member

Hi,

I'm not using PMDG NGX but iFly. Regarding outputs to LED's and servos it should be quite straight forward if you have the
    offsets/variables from the SDK. If anyone has the list we could look into this. I have made some simple SIOC tutorials
    on my site Links->Tutorials

Regards
    Claus
    www.737sim.dk

75+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by claushansen View Post
    If anyone has the list we could look into this. I have made some simple SIOC tutorials
    on my site Links->Tutorials

Regards
    Claus
    www.737sim.dk

FSUIPC includes a PDF with the NGX offsets for reading data. Good for lighting up indicators with SIOC.

The NGX SDK also has file containing the offset info for sending data to the NGX that would be used for the switches and inputs.

With this offset info I plan on using SIOC to control all my indicators on the my custom MIP and overhead and some Bodnar/Pokeys cards with FSUIPC for the switch inputs.

25+ Posting Member

It was fun spending that time with buzz getting his script working, but i have to agree, sioc is not the most easy to learn scripting language around.

To answer the question from ollie: my progress is slow but steady. I do not mind as i did not plan on finishing it on a certain date so i feel comfortable with the progress i am making.

One note however. In my research for what to use as a cockpitbuilder i have (almost) come to the conclusion i have to abadon pmdg 737NGx and go with Prosim737. For a very acceptable price of around 350 Euro's you get all the software to build your pit including a instructor station and a flightmodel.
    Prosim can be interfaced to many type of interface cards (OC/FDS/Bodnar/Sismo) and in fact they do not make a statement about which is best suitable. they leave that up to the client. However my research sofar has led me to believe the pokeys 56e cards are best used to interface any switch and the phidget64 led cards to interface and annunciator.
    The prosim program will recognize the flipping of a switch and you assign the action (f.e you flip the battery switch, prosim will tell you it recogines a input a port 1234 and you will tell then prosim this port needs to be configured to the battery switch event.

This doesn't mean you will get rid op sioc completly btw. Using a prebuilt OC MCP/EFIS/CDU or a motorized throttle will still require you to have sioc scripts managing these devices. But as Buzz pointed out there are guru's like roark out there that will solve the initial puzzle and are even kind enough to setup a website where one can download these scripts.

So for what it is worth. If you are serious in cockpit building give prosim737 some consideration, You can download a trial version which has all functionality available but i believe it will only allow you to fly for 30 minutes (if i am right)

For the record. I have no relation whatsoever with prosim. My advice is based purely on my personal research. Take it as you like it (or not)

Hello Fredrik
    planning the same solution. Trying to have it confirmed that Sismo Landing Gear Lever will
    fit but either Simworld nor Sismo have any experience from this mix.
    Have you managed to have compability confirmed?
    Brgds
    Per

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by PLimrell View Post
    Hello Fredrik
    planning the same solution. Trying to have it confirmed that Sismo Landing Gear Lever will
    fit but either Simworld nor Sismo have any experience from this mix.
    Have you managed to have compability confirmed?
    Brgds
    Per
    Hello Per,

I can defenitely confirm that the sismo landing gear lever will fit in the simworld panel. It will be offset a little bit to the right if you use the screwholes as available in the simworld mip but this doesn't even really show. I can upload a picture of my fitting if you like

regards

Fred

Thanks. Really appreciate your positive respons and the picture would certainly be appreciated as well.
    Best regards
    Per

Hi

I have build a cockpit for the pmdg737ngx (My own styleJ)

The cockpit has:

37x on/off switch 37 digital pins
    9x on/off/on switch 18 digital pins
    6x mom/off/mom switch 12 digital pins
    1x on/off/mom switch 2 digital pins
    2x Rotary encorders, 24-steps 4 digital pins
    12x Rotary switch 50 digital pins
    Rotary potentiometer 8 analog pins

Totals 116 digitals pins and 8 analog pins

1.)
    I have PMDG737ngx and I need to know if the aircraft will work with your card “FDS-SXS2X” and the software InterfaceIT?

2.)
    In pmdg:s SDK I can read that the 737ngx will communicate throught Simconnect but I have read that this cards will support pmdg737ngx but can someone confirm it that is no problem with the cards and the aircraft?

3.)
    Can you say if the port at the cards can be program as a digital or analog ports?

Glad if someone could answer my question!

Sincerely Fredrik

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

How is your build coming along? The only thing I've purchased since our initial discussion has been the jetmax throttle which is built pretty well.

Next will probably be the cpflight MCP.

Hi

I am glad too say than I have finished my build and configuration since one week

The onsly thing is I have a issue with axes in fsuipc, see bellow for the description:
    "
    I am trying to link my potentiometer to the knob Circiut Breaker Bright in the overhead of the 737ngx cockpit. I do it through event control and it is working fine with buttons but the axis is not in sync!

I mean the full range of the knob in the cockpit is perform when I have just turn the potentioimeter maybe 10 degrees?"

The text is from another forum!

If you can pm me with your e-mail adress I can send some pictures

Best Fredrik

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast