Thread: Hello everyone

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hello everyone

Im new to all of this but I'm hooked already. Can anyone tell me how much a professional top end 747 cockpit would cost me. I know you might say how long is a piece of string, just a ball park figure will do ?

300+ Forum Addict

Re: Hello everyone

Professional Top End, Home Cockpit, will ball park around $50,000 US. If you're starting from nothing and expect too have an operating 747, do expect that much if not more! Albeit, you say Professional Top End; however, you could go cheaper, but in the end it will be the cheap end look of a cockpit. Surely, you could build it yourself, as in make all the items out of wood or other materials, but are you a wood craftsman?

It takes talent to build it to be high end yourself. People like Ivar are the rare builders who do these feats. The best place to really start is Flightdeck Solutions (FDS) since they have 747's and can do turn-key cockpits, to include the shell that they make.

Otherwise, your question, which normally never gets an answer, is just too hard to price tag a cockpit easily. This is because there are so many roads that will get you to the same finish line, but the cost for each road can be dramtically different as well. Thus, the question you should ask is this:

Hi, I am new to this hobby and would like to visit other like-minded individuals, so I can learn more and eventually, acquire the skills to build and/or purchase my own 747 cockpit. Therefore, can I visit you and see your cockpit? I live in Wiltshire, England, and can travel to...

Good Luck and Best Regards,

Blueskydriver

3. Thanks Ramonsully thanked for this post

Re: Hello everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Ramonsully View Post
    Im new to all of this but I'm hooked already. Can anyone tell me how much a professional top end 747 cockpit would cost me. I know you might say how long is a piece of string, just a ball park figure will do ?
    Woooooh Cowboy - slow down.
    You are new and want a professional top end 747 cockpit - they go for about £7 million (give or take).
    Now if you want to build it yourself and buy all the bits and bobs as you go along, expect about £15,000 and a few years labour. This will give you a nice little pit - but nowhere near professional.
    Myself, I will have probably spent £7,000 (737) by the time it is finished (not including computer systems) and my pit is going to be ok for my needs.
    It is a hobby and should be treated as such, if you jump in with both feet you are going to make expensive mistakes and get frustrated, spend a few months planning and sourcing parts, then think about putting it all together.
    Allan.
    P.S. Have a look at other peoples pits to give you inspiration - BEWARE - It seems everyone has a better sim than you and you always want more.......

5. Thanks Ramonsully thanked for this post