Thread: Getting Started

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Getting Started

Hello All,

I'm trying to get set up with three monitors. I have purchased and installed an AMD Radeon 6750 HD card and connected three AOC 32343F monitors with DVI cables. I also have installed the Catalyst Control Center.

The problem I'm having is only two of my monitors will work. Windows 7 and Catalyst can detect all three but force one of the three to be disabled. Where am I going wrong?

From Brians iPhone 224.jpg

HELP :>(

Re: Getting Started

Quote Originally Posted by bsivel View Post
    Hello All,

I'm trying to get set up with three monitors. I have purchased and installed an AMD Radeon 6750 HD card and connected three AOC 32343F monitors with DVI cables. I also have installed the Catalyst Control Center.

The problem I'm having is only two of my monitors will work. Windows 7 and Catalyst can detect all three but force one of the three to be disabled. Where am I going wrong?

From Brians iPhone 224.jpg

HELP :>(
    You cannot connect 3 monitors to DVI - one of them must go through the display port.
    Allan.

I'm not sure what you mean by a Display port. The video card has three connectors. One is a 24 pin connector (I would think this is the display port) and two are like large usb ports. One the two usb type ports I have two I have converters to a 24 pin connector which then connects to my displays. I have attached a photo that shows the connections.

From Brians iPhone 232.jpg

Hi,

You have 3xDVI monitors attached to an AMD/ATI VGA. If you want to use the 3 at the same time, you need an active DisplayPort to DVI adapter. Do not get confuse with the HDMI conector (the same as modern TVs). The display port its like you say, similar to USB but with one side in an angle.

Here you have a list of certified adapters which should work: http://support.amd.com/us/eyefinity/...y-dongles.aspx
    Greetings!
    Aaron Sanchez - http://mi737.blogspot.com

Thanks for the quick reply!

I do have all the dongles(2) and I do have one connected to the display port through with a vga cable. Can you view the image I posted on the last comment?

Do the monitors have to be daisy chained together?

I have two dongles that connect to the HDMI ports on the Graphics cards and then PCI cables connect the to two separate monitors.

I also have one monitor connected with a VGA cable that has a VGA\PCI adapter connected to the Graphics Card.

¿are you sure your VGA card have 2xHDMI and 1xVGA ports?

When you say PCI you should say DVI (PCI its not a cable or adapter, its the name of a port inside the case on the motherboard). DVI its a standard conector (and of course, the cables have two conectors in each end) for VGA cards.

I think your USB-like ports, are in fact, DisplayPorts. If its the case, you are not allowed to use ANY dongle, you need mandatory an ACTIVE dongle, but just in one of them.

To better understand your problem, please post the exact brand-name and model of the VGA (AMD Ati radeon 6750 its generic)
    Greetings!

Aaron - thanks again for your continuing support!

Here are the spec for the graphics card:
    HP QP027AT Radeon HD 6570 Graphics Card - 1 GB DDR3 SDRAM - PCI Express 2.0 x16

I have also attached a picture:
    MyGraphicsCard.jpg

My original purchase came with the Graphics card and the two accessories depicted in the picture. (1.Active Dongle and 2.DVI/VGA adapter). With my original purchase I was only able to get one Monitor working because I had only vga cables and the one DVI/VGA Adapter. I then purchased 1 extra Active Dongle and 3 DVI cables. With all this, I am only able to get two of my three monitors working.

The Graphic card purchase also came with drivers a Catlyst Control Center version (11-11_vista32_win7_32_dd_ccc_ocl).

The documentation says it support up to three displays but does identify how to connect or configure for three.

Kind Regards,

Brian

¿Are you sure you have ACTIVE dongles?

In my previous setup, I use a radeon 5870 for three 47" LCD TV and try several dongles untill I find the right one (one from Saphire brand).

You cannot use THREE display at the same time if you have not one active dongle. You can use the VGA and DisplayPort1, and then VGA and DisplayPort2, if both configuration works, it must be your adapters. There is not any phisical differences between and active dongle and a not-active one. The first active dongles has a USB cable to powerup the dongle, but the latest version are just the dongle. Many brands sells the dongles as active while they're not...

Read this: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/radeon...w-31803-3.html
    Greetings!