Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Boeing 737 surround projection area.

Hi, mainly a question to those fairly advanced in their build stages. Some of you now have surround/wrap around visuals for your flight sim.

I was wondering what sort of space do you have? in terms of floor area in square footage of your sim room/area?

I now have a new area where my 737NG is taking shape and thinking about wrap around visuals with 3 projectors, but i'm not sure if i'll have the space for the throw distance on the projectors. I'm aware that short throw beamers are available.

What sort of distance are you people mounting the white screen from the cockpit shell?

Any help would be appreciated whilst i'm hoping i can proceed with my eventual plans on the visual system.
    Last edited by Geremy Britton; 11-13-2011 at 08:55 PM.
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Boeing 737 surround projection area.

Hi Geremy,

In my experience, you cant go curved-screen-triple-front-projection if you have not at least 2m from the theorical center of your cockpit.

Taking into consideration a standard measure of a 737 cockpit and the center as cutoff levers. We have 2.2 in our setup, and we are very near to the limits of shadows (the cockpit makes the shadows). Even with our projectors, which have a very short throw, its difficult to get 200fov (blended, if you butt-allign, you have a little more flexibility)
    Greetings!
    Aaron Sanchez - http://mi737.blogspot.com