Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    150+ Forum Groupie

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Opencockpits Encoder 2 card

Hi Dave
    sorry fumble fingers on keyboard, yes of course it's J2/J3, have you got a CTS288 encoder you could try? This is guaranteed to work with the encoders card right out of the box. If that doesn't work maybe the card is faulty.
    Do you have skype? I could possibly help you via that.
    regards
    geoff

25+ Posting Member

Hi Geoff,

Sorry to have gone quiet, I have been busy at work but also have tried some other things to get the encoder to work, no joy though. I have another thing to try and then I might take up your kind offer to flash the encoder card to see if it solves the problem.

I tried connecting two encoders, one at a time, using the same master card inputs (32 & 33) as I am using for the encoder 2 card. The 1st encoder, the one built into the MCP only showed up one input, 33 and not input 32 (I guess if I swapped the connections over 32 would have shown and not 33). Nonetheless I tried a SIOC script but it did not work.

I tried the same with a second different type of encoder, this time inputs 32 & 33 showed up in controlador. Again it did not work in the sim.

I am going to check my script or find one of the Internet in case I have made an error in it (likely).

I hope to try the alternative script this evening.

Thanks

Dave

25+ Posting Member

Angry Re: Opencockpits Encoder 2 card

Dave
    Did you have any success with the encoders??
    I am having exactly the same problem and have spend hours on it to no avail.
    I am using grayhill optical encoders with 32 detents for 1 full rotation. I am pretty sure my connections are right ( all according to sketchy OC instructions)
    i want to try changing refresh rate.. but which line in sioc.ini is it??

Dawid

25+ Posting Member

Hi Dawid,

Firstly I am sorry to hear of your frustration, I can truly sympathise.

I have not been able to solve the encoder problem. The OC card just will not register the encoders at all.

I have tried to contact OC via their forum but they simply do not respond. I wrote to them via their sales e-mail address but could not make head nor tail of their reply.

I have the ecoders connected to Leo Bodnar cards but it means they are very slow, I have lived with this for months now and as it happens a light is shining from the end of the tunnel.

I have bought some POKEYS 55 cards, they are very good (Wendy who sells them is extremely helpful, I cannot recommend her highly enough). I plan to try one of them with one of my encoders this weekend. If that fails I will be removing my MCP and EFIS units and rebuilding them, something I have tried hard to avoid. If it works then Wendy will be getting a bit more of my childrens inheritance.

If the POKEYS does not work (I'll let you know either way) my advice to you is bite the bullet and either use an alternative I/O set up or use the recommened encoders, or else book yourself a nice rubber room in the local loony bin!!!

Sorry I could not be more helpful.

Good luck.

Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12