10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Boeing Just Received My New G737 and It's Beautiful!

I just got my new G737 in the mail today and it looks great. I am very pleased with how it looks and feels and it looks very well made. It is quite large compared to my CH throttle quadrant.
    I'm trying to figure out how high I should mount it so that it will be at the right height compared to the real 737. Maybe I could get some suggestions.
    It was very well packaged and in perfect condition when I opened the, rather large box. All of the additional parts, like the flap and spoiler handles, are wrapped very nicely in a separate package.
    I haven't set it up yet, but my intentions are to use it with my NGX.
    When I get it all set up and connected with a few flights, I will post it here.
    Till then, I'm very excited.

10+ Posting Member

Re: Just Received My New G737 and It's Beautiful!

I built a box that stands approximately 20 inches tall and painted it gray.
    It is based on the height that I am sitting at my desk.
    My measurement was off by 1 inch too tall.

You can use a stand or anything based on how your sitting height at the desk.
    Really about you comfort level.
    Perry Fincher
    United States

10+ Posting Member

I found an end table that is about that height. I rigged it so I can bolt the G-737 to the top. It feels pretty good, but I have to get it hooked up to the computer and try it out.
    I got the flap handle and spoiler handle set up.
    I am very happy with everything. I do have one suggestion right off of the top. When I removed the bottom panel to replace it with the bottom panel that I made so I could mount it, I noticed that the levers inside the unit are held with a screw and a nut that are put on loosely so that the lever can move easily. The problem that I can see is that those nuts will eventually back off and maybe fall out. I would suggest that the screws are simply double nutted so that one nut locks the other. That way the screw will be loose enough to not obstruct the movement of the lever, yet the nuts will be positively locked into position and will never come loose.
    This solution would be extremely inexpensive in both parts and labor yet will improve the unit.
    I will be going to the hardware to get some nuts and do mine like that.
    That's a small suggestion, but the G737 unit is an outstanding controller and I'm very excited to get started using it.

Thank you,
    Bob

Thank you,
    Bob

10+ Posting Member

I've got my G737 all hooked up and everything works perfectly. I've done three flights with the NGX today. I really love the feel of this new throttle.
    I did have a problem with the little plastic handles on the engine cutoff levers. One of them was stripped out and the other was loose. I just put a tiny course wood screw in the one that was stripped and glued both of them with "Gorilla Glue" and tightened down the screws. They won't be moving again any time soon.
    I wish Roberto would have put a button for the parking brake, but that is the only thing that I see I would like to add.
    It simply looks and feels perfect. I can't get over it. The long stroke of the realistic throttle levers gives so much more fine control on takeoffs and landings.
    I've got it fastened to a heavy end table with wheels and it is just perfect. A little high, but still very comfortable. I guess I could take off the wheels to lower it, if I had to, but I like to be able to move it a little.
    Thank you Roberto, for making such a great 737 throttle quadrant right close to the time PMDG released the NGX. What a perfect addition the G737 is to this beautiful simulation.