Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

AMD 6970 Eyefinity tripple monitor setup problems

G'day fellow Aviators how are we? This is my first time on these kinds of forums and the first time I have got semi serious with my flight FSX. Before I go into the issues I am having I will let you guys know the specs on the PC I have recently acquired, they are as follows;

-800w PSU & Card Reader
    -Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3 MB LGA 1155, Intel Z68 Chipset Motherboard
    -2nd Generation Intel i7-2600 Core i7 QUAD Core 3.4 GHz, LGA 1155 CPU
    -ATI Radeon 6970 2 Gig
    -8GB DDR3 Elixer/GSKILL 1600MHz Dual Channel RAM
    -Display Port Adapter for AMD Eye Infinity for 3rd monitor
    -OS WIndows 7 Premium 64bit

The issues I am having with FSX are as follows

-The Virtual cockpit is way too big even when I zoom right out.
    -I have no 2D cockpit, just a black panel so to speak where the cockpit should b
    -The individual Instrument panel selections are big.
    -The mouse pointer is flickering like mad and there is that loading circle constantly around it.

I brought this system from a guy who supposedly deals with Flight sim computers but he tells me he has no idea about the setup, geees thanks mate. Anyway, I have gone through several posts and I really have not found a solution nor was I able to do some of the things mentioned. I have read that some guys recommend changing the Wide View Aspect ratio to TRUE, but I dont know how to do that on WIN 7, the examples given I think are for VISTA? I also think 2D view on FSX is not possible anymore with a 3 monitor setup, is this true? I love my 2D view so I'm hoping there is a way to get it working.

This is all I know at the moment guys, your experience wisdom will be greatly appreciated as I am desperate to get these issues solved. If there was a guy out there that specialized in these things I would even pay the guy to fix it for me, that's how frustrated I am at the moment. Anyway, enough of me carrying on, hope to hear from you guys.

Cheers

Don't Sink

25+ Posting Member

Re: AMD 6970 Eyefinity tripple monitor setup problems

Hi Don't Sink,

i have a very similar set up, first up, do you have any graphics issues with any thing else? second thing, rename you fsx.cfg file in the following (mine is set like this) d:\users\flightsimpc\appdata\roaming\microsoft\fsx folder. you may have to select show hidden folders in the control panel/folder options/ under the view tab, select show hidden folders. give that a try and see if that make any difference, then report back, i will try to help you out. i use three screen on two seperate video cards with out a problem, i have the 6950 card and to use two screens you must use a dvi-d screen, also if you want to use more than one screen you must use fsx in windowed mode, it is a bug with fsx. again try that and see what happens

Jason in Brisbane

25+ Posting Member

Hi Don't Sink,

i have a very similar set up, first up, do you have any graphics issues with any thing else? second thing, rename you fsx.cfg file in the following (mine is set like this) d:\users\flightsimpc\appdata\roaming\microsoft\fsx folder. you may have to select show hidden folders in the control panel/folder options/ under the view tab, select show hidden folders. give that a try and see if that make any difference, then report back, i will try to help you out. i use three screen on two seperate video cards with out a problem, i have the 6950 card and to use two screens you must use a dvi-d screen, also if you want to use more than one screen you must use fsx in windowed mode, it is a bug with fsx. again try that and see what happens

Jason in Brisbane

10+ Posting Member

G'day Jason how you going mate, thanks for your reply. In answer to your first question I would have to say no I am not having any issues with anything else as I don't have anything else on the computer. Its a new rig and I got it made solely for FSX. I changed the wide view aspect ratio to True and that did not change anything at all, I restarted FSX again but no luck. I have 3 LG IPS236V monitors and they are running through the DVI-D cables, is this what you mean? How do I use FSX in windowed mode, please excuse the ignorance?

Cheers.

25+ Posting Member

the monitors should work ok, when fsx has loaded and you are in the cockpit, press ALT+ENTER and that will give you windowed mode

Jason

10+ Posting Member

Windowed mode does not work either buddy. the 2D cockpit shows only the outside view, you cant see any instruments. All the other panels are very large as well as the virtual cockpit, even when I zoom right out. The system seems to be continuously loading evident from the mouse point flickering and the loading circle around it. What screen resolution do you have set? I have mine on 5928X1080 and same on FSX.

25+ Posting Member

Hi,
    my fsx is running on a single screen and i use one of the screens for the fmc (hardware fmc) and the other screen i use for other programs i use with fsx
    well check to make sure that fsx has the correct screen size set in the options from the settings menu, also might i suggest that you try setting the resolution back to the native screen resolution and have fsx window set on one screen only. also when you have the cockpit window open and running, under the view drop down make sure that the main panel is selected as your main view, i am presuming you are using a default aircraft.

let em know how it goes, off to bed now but will check back in the morning and see if i can help further

Jason

10+ Posting Member

When you say set the resolution on the monitor back to its native one are you saying the recommended resolution? If so, mine would be 1920X1080 and I have tried that. What happens when in that resolution is that you have FSX running on all three screens still and the display is duplicated or triplicated in this instance. How do we prevent this from happening so I can use the other monitors to display other views panels etc? Look forward to hearing from you in the morning.

Cheers mate.

The reason your mouse flickers is because you have not set up the panel.cfg, you have to adjust this for each aircraft.
    Have a look at
    http://forum.avsim.net/topic/310084-...es-default-ac/
    Allan.

10+ Posting Member

Hey Allan, thanks for that info buddy, but the post on that forum does not tell me how to go about changing the Panel CFG. and the link at the bottom of it does'nt work. I will register myself on that forum and see if it will work then. Also guys, I'm not sure but I adjusted the wide view aspect ratio to True on the notepad for the FSX Cfg. Is this right? I feel like it may not be correct but I am unable to change it on the other FSX Cfg. file??

Cheers mate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast