Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: AMD 6970 Eyefinity tripple monitor setup problems

hi yes you use notepad to make changes to the fsx.cfg. to change your screens to display a different image on each screen, and not clone each other right click on the desktop and select screen resolution. then in that screen, click on each display and you will have a drop down box that you can select to have the screen display the same as on the main screen or extend desktop to them, hope that helps, i have never had to set a panel.cfg for each aircraft when using the eyinfinty set up when i tried it briefly.

let me know how that goes

Jason

10+ Posting Member

Hey Jas. I currently have 1 monitor selected and have chose extend to display. I have my desktop in the middle one and the other ones on either side have just the windows symbol on it. The mouse does go through all monitors too. However when I run flight sim, I can drag the main window from one monitor to the next but how do I get a new view on a different monitor. Did I do as you mentioned in your previous post. In the Catalyst control center under desktop management I have the left monitor labelled as no.1 the middle one as no.2 and the one on the right as no.3 however on the bottom of that screen is a picture of three monitors and in that one the arrangement is different. It has the one on the left as no.2, the one in the middle as no.1 and the one on the right as no.3. I have played with the settings a few times but I dont think I am getting anywhere, maybe because I'm not doing it right.

25+ Posting Member

the numbering isn't so much of a problem, you can grab the screens (when displayed in display properties) and put them where ever you want, for example you can have them stacked, as far as opening a new view in fsx, you will need to select a new view from the view menu, once you have opened that view you can drag it to what ever screen you want, so long as fsx is in windowed mode. fsx can be a pain but once you get used to it it is a simple to do, let me know if that has worked for you

Jason

10+ Posting Member

Hey Jas. I currently have 1 monitor selected and have chose extend to display. I have my desktop in the middle one and the other ones on either side have just the windows symbol on it. The mouse does go through all monitors too. However when I run flight sim, I can drag the main window from one monitor to the next but how do I get a new view on a different monitor. Did I do as you mentioned in your previous post. In the Catalyst control center under desktop management I have the left monitor labelled as no.1 the middle one as no.2 and the one on the right as no.3 however on the bottom of that screen is a picture of three monitors and in that one the arrangement is different. It has the one on the left as no.2, the one in the middle as no.1 and the one on the right as no.3. I have played with the settings a few times but I dont think I am getting anywhere, maybe because I'm not doing it right.

10+ Posting Member

I have FSX running in window mode but when I select new view, I can not take it outside the original window, I'm about to pull my hair out man, what have I done wrong?

10+ Posting Member

I worked out how to move it across man, you have to select undock window. Thanks for all your help. I just wish there was an easier way to do this, as it is going to be a pain to do this every single time I start up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dont Sink View Post

-I have no 2D cockpit, just a black panel so to speak where the cockpit should b
    -The individual Instrument panel selections are big.
    -The mouse pointer is flickering like mad and there is that loading circle constantly around it.
    This is definately to do with the panel.cfg for the aircraft.

Your panels are set up a 1x size, but for triple montiors they must be set up as 0.33 size i.e a third, then when they are loaded they are not H-U-G-E, which is why you mouse flickers, your panels are massive and your frame rates are through the floor.
    I have attached the fix I used. It is not my fix so credit to the author.
    Attached Files Attached Files

25+ Posting Member

glad you got it working, you don't need to set it up every time, if you move the panels or views to where you want then save the flight and make it the default, when you reload fsx the panels or views should be in the same spot you saved them in.

Jason

10+ Posting Member

hey Jas, thanks for your help but I am not able to join up the windows together to get a proper looking virtual cockpit view. I guess this is the downside of doing things this way, do you have the same problem?

Notgotaclue, I thank you for your help too mate. I tried what you mentioned with the other guys panel fixes and the problem there is that you cannot see the runway in front of you at all. If you try to bring the whole panel view down to see the runway. well then the bottom third of the gauges dissapear into the bottom of thew screen and defeats the purpose. Also the virtual cockpit is still quite big is that able to be fixed?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Dont Sink View Post
    Notgotaclue, I thank you for your help too mate. I tried what you mentioned with the other guys panel fixes and the problem there is that you cannot see the runway in front of you at all. If you try to bring the whole panel view down to see the runway. well then the bottom third of the gauges dissapear into the bottom of thew screen and defeats the purpose. Also the virtual cockpit is still quite big is that able to be fixed?

Cheers
    Hi,
    As my name say, I have notgotaclue
    The fix I posted worked for me so I thought it was worth a shot.
    Good luck getting it sorted as I know how frustrating it can when things dont go right.
    Allan.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast