Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Go Flight RP 48 & MCP rotaries

Hi,

I have tried everything to get the RP 48 rotaries to control the IAS/Mach, Hdg, Alt., V/S, with no success. I use FS9 and the Level D 767. I have tried assigning via the Go Flight Config, FSUIPC Buttons & Switches, FSUIPC Mouse Macro's. I have used the 757 Key Commands to see it they will work with configuring, but no joy. What happens is the numbers will suddenly go from say 200 to 230 or 5000 to 5700, or just jump around. It's the same with the heading and so I'm looking for a solution. I have tried using Bert De Kaisers software and nothing happens.

Anyone have any ideas?

Many Thanks

Rob

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim kiek's Avatar

Re: Go Flight RP 48 & MCP rotaries

Hi Rob,

I'm afraid you are in the wrong Forum. You are not posting a lekseecon issue, are you?

I know nothing of the GoFlight RP 48, but I'd assume that you should use the GFConfig software. If that software is capable of addressing FSUIPC offsets you could use lekseecon to 'activate' the Level-D 767 specific offsets provided by lekseecon and the Level-D SDK.

Regards,
    Nico

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Nico,

Thanks for your reply. I forgot to mention that perhaps usuing FSIIPC and your lexicon program might work. I only need to get the 4 rotaries to work on the MCP to work, all the other rotaries and buttons are already interfaced with FSUIPC. I don't know anything about using offsets or Lexicon so perhaps you could explain how I go about setting the Airspped, Heading, Altitude and Vertical Speed rotaries using the above and the Level d SDK.

Many Thanks

Rob

Hi Rob,

I do not have an RP 48 so it is difficult for me to assist, but from what I read about it at the GoFlight website you have to use the FSConfig software (very user friendly according to an AVSIM review...). I don't think you can use lekseecons FSUIPC offset because my offsets expect integer values in a certain range (for instance 0..359 for heading).

The only thing I can image that could work is to assign the UP and Down Key combinations for Alt, Speed, Heading and Altitude (in FSConfig). You can find these custom controls in the Level-D 767 menu.

Regards,
    Nico

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi,

Thanks Nico, but the rotaries can only be assigned specific functions in the Go Flight config - you can't assign the key commands. That's what I did with FSUIPC, assigned the + & - key commands from the 767 Key Commands Menu. I can assign FSUIPC offsets to the rotaries. Perhaps you can tell me the offsets and how to set up the level d sdk, lexicon and then I can use FSUIPC/Lexicon offsets. I think i might as well try this as everything else I've tried has not worked so this is the last possibility.

Many Thanks

Rob

I don't think it will work because of the limited programmability possibilities of the goflight rotaries. Like i said you may only supply values between 0 and 359 to the HDG offset...
    But if you want to give it a try, you can find the Mcp Hdg offset in the lekseecon Manual.
    regards
    Nico

MCP HDG is lekseecon var 297 at FSUIPC offset 0x8b1c length 4 bytes.

Nico

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Nico,

Can you explain exactly what I have to do as I know nothing about programming in lexeecon and FSUIPC. The rotaries I want to work are the MCP IAS, Hdg, Alt, V/S and i haven't got a clue where to start with your programs or SDK. I know that I can assign offsets in FSUIPC, but I don't know what the full ssignments are.

Many Thanks

Rob

Hi Rob,

It is all described in my Lekseecon Manual at pages 13 and 14 ...

Brief summary:

1. Install lekseecon.

2. Create (with Notepad editor) a file lekseecon.ini (in the lekseecon folder) with the following content:

Code:
    FSUIPC_MODE=1
    CONFIG_FILE=Mounty.txt
    3. Create (with Notepad editor) a file Mounty.txt (in the lekseecon folder) with the following content:

Code:
    That's all (!) you have to do with respect to lekseecon.

If you start lekseecon (the right starting sequence is described in section 1.6.2) you will have lekseecon variable 297 active, so you can use FSUIPC offset 0x8b1c length 4 bytes in the configuration software that comes with YOUR Goflight module. How you do that is beyond my knowledge, but again, I doubt that you can configure it such that your rotary generates values between 0 and 359, which is what my FSUIPC offset expects as MCP Heading...

Nico

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Nico,

I set up the files as you advised and get an error 31 - Lekseekon ini not found. They are in the leskseekon folder, exactly as you wrote. Any thoughts? Pete Downson has given me the types of offsets so am going to set them up, but I need to have the "connection" working.

Thanks

Rob

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast