Thread: TripleHead2Go

150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

TripleHead2Go

Hi,

I have a couple of questions re this product. I am running fs9 on Windows XP with a 9800 GT card. I want to get a better outside view and the TripleHead2Go looks like it will do it for me. What I need to know is whether or not I have to run FS9 in VC mode or whether I can use the 2d mode? Also if add 3x24" widescreens, does it "stretch" the MIP, or does it just give me a wider view all around? I am currently using a single 19" monitor. The reason to use the 24" WS is that they are about the same height as the 19" standard monitor.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Rob

Re: TripleHead2Go

It depends where your instruments are. I have 2 dual head cards. 3 heads drive 3 monitors inside the mip, displaying the capt and f/o side pfd, nd and the eicas. The 4th head drives the 3Htgo for outside visuals on 3 18" screens. If you zoom out to 0.31 you get wider view and because the instruments are on other screens, they keep the original size.
    Arjen
    -----
    "There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch." (Nigel Powers in Goldmember)

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking of using my current monitor for the instrument panels and the other three for the outside view. I think zooming out is a good idea, especially if I am using 24" WS monitors. Do you know if you have to use VC or 2D with the unit?

Thanks

Rob

Hi,
    Am I doing something wrong.
    I use Eyefinity for my outside view on 3 monitors. I keep Zoom at 1x, if I zoom out to 0.3 the distortion is terrible and the buildings and AI aircraft are s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d so bad as to be unusable.
    Allan.

Quote Originally Posted by notgotaclue View Post
    Hi,
    Am I doing something wrong.
    I use Eyefinity for my outside view on 3 monitors. I keep Zoom at 1x, if I zoom out to 0.3 the distortion is terrible and the buildings and AI aircraft are s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d so bad as to be unusable.
    Allan.
    You are not doing nothing wrong. At 0.3 you are viewing a more degrees of visual than your monitors are. What you get using triple head to go, eyefinity, nvidia surround or whatever this way, its just a very width front view. The more width, the more you want to zoom back, and the more you zoom back, greater is the distortion.

If want no distortion with one PC (or the less possible) you need to undock views, and get front view on the front monitor, and front-left/right at the same angle you have the monitor positioned.

Undock views with one PC = kill your frame rate. As always, you need to choose between distortion or framerate. Wideview its another alternative
    Greetings!
    Aaron Sanchez - http://mi737.blogspot.com

150+ Forum Groupie

I have a TH2Go with 3 19" monitors, the zoom is set to 0.5 and I get no distorion at all. the TH2Go software fools FS into thinking it has a single monitor with a resolution of 3072 x 768, so the output is much wider than you get on a single monitor. I agree though if you zoom out too far you can cause some distortion.
    With this setup (with FS9) frame rates are very high, but undocking viewss as Aaron has said is a frame rate killer.

Joe.

I use .8 for the zoom with a triplehead2go and three 19" monitors. If I use .33 it doesn't look right either, I was using .65 but after messing around with it I settled on .8.

500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mounty View Post
    ...Do you know if you have to use VC or 2D with the unit?

Thanks

Rob
    Well to my experience, it meakes no difference. TH2GO has nothing to do with FS. It is just an external graphics card which stretches one monitor to three. In my personal opinion, TH2GO is the best and most usefull hardware outhere for the simmer... You can't go wrong with it

I'm not sure, I set it long time ago and forgot how. What I do know is that if you go full screen, FS also covers the monitors I'm using for my instruments. So I'm stuck with the blue and grey Windows borders around my sceneries. Anyone knows how to solve this?
    Arjen
    -----
    "There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch." (Nigel Powers in Goldmember)

500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar

Yes I see what you mean... generally I do not use full screen, it gives me headaches. On the other hand windows mode is worry free, but one has to accept the blue windows borders. I did...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast