Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Correct connectors for BU0836A Loe Bodnar card

I'm at a point in my build where I need to finish wiring my first I/o card, a BU0836A from Leo Bodnar. His site has listed the pre-wired connectors as out of stock for about a month and I noticed recently he marked almost all his small parts inventory as Out of Stock until after Oct.

BU0836pcb.jpg

I'm hoping to pop in their next week and find that he's shipping again, but in case he isn't I started to hunt for the connectors from other sources. I have found a variety of "close but not quite close enough" connectors and I'm wondering if anyone might know of a part number of an equivalent. I don't mind wiring them up, but I also don't mind buying them pre-wired if the price is right. They are listed as 2.54mm pitch. I need 8 3 pin and 2 6 pin.

Does anybody know the make and model of the connectors or what I might search for on

3pin-cable-2.gif
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: P3Dv4.1, FSUIPC5, Link2FSMulti, ASN16, Orbix, REX, BFF Force Feedback

25+ Posting Member bussgarfield's Avatar

Re: Correct connectors for BU0836A Loe Bodnar card

Hi Tom,

The lead pictured looks very much like a Futaba servo lead. Any good aero/car model shop should stock them. Take your card with you to try it.
    Hope that may be of some help.

Gary

500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar

Confirmed,

I have plenty of these in my toolbox from the old times I used fly my nitro trainer. Good times... Ugh... Try your nearest hobby shop

I tried model plane flying ONCE. I bought a nice plane and spent days building it with my boy. Typical father and son bonding session as per a cheesy American movie.
    Took it out for a flight and we smahed it to bits on the first attempt.
    Decided it would be a costly hobby at £50 per flight.
    Allan.

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi see this link
    http://www.technobotsonline.com/conn...-housings.html
    this is uk but if you get the correct name of the connectors you can search nearer to home
    regards
    geoff

500+ This must be a daytime job

Tom,
    Mouser.com should do this part number.
    gtk 1108 series CriMP
    I got it out of a catalogue for a company that carries Mousers parts.Trya search.
    Les

Thanks All!!!

with the info you've provided I am starting to find some sources and will be placing an order shortly. I may hold my breath a couple days longer to see if Leo makes them available as I'd rather send the business his way, but if not I now have a coupel alternate sources.

Again, Thanks!
    Tom G.
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: P3Dv4.1, FSUIPC5, Link2FSMulti, ASN16, Orbix, REX, BFF Force Feedback

500+ This must be a daytime job

Tom,

For the small amount of money these are, I would try and find a domestic source. Leo shipped my card to me quickly after I ordered, but it took 30+ days to arrive at my door. Slow customs and/or mail.

I see why you needed the diode business now. Did you get this second hand, or purposely order the A card instead of the x?

Reid
    http://juneaucessnasim.blogspot.com
    N58243 (virtual)- Low and Slow...

Quote Originally Posted by AK Mongo View Post
    Tom,

For the small amount of money these are, I would try and find a domestic source. Leo shipped my card to me quickly after I ordered, but it took 30+ days to arrive at my door. Slow customs and/or mail.

I see why you needed the diode business now. Did you get this second hand, or purposely order the A card instead of the x?

Reid
    When I bought the first one I had a design in mind that required the smallest possible card. In the end as it turned out i changed my layout and the A card would have fit with room to spare. Any future cards will be the A card. I didn't have any shipping delays from leo with my order. I was doing some test setups so I ordered the card and a handful of pots and rotaries. I received them all in under two weeks. But, you're probably right on the small connectors about sourcing them domestically.

So I ordered some of the 3 pin RC connectors. The metal crimp sockets are the correct size to mate with the pins on the bodnar board. The connector shell has the correct 0.1" pin spacing, but the shell is made to mate up with something that has longer pins. The shell is too deep and the pins on the bodnar board won't connect firmly to the 3 pin connector. It does not seat firmly.

I'm going to attempt to trim the shell height down. If I'm successful at that I only need to modify 12 of them to get this one board connected. The next two boards in the build will be his newer boards that don't require special connectors.

I checked Leo's site again the connectors are still out of stock and previous attempts at e-mailing him about it have gone unanswered. I've also done some additional hunting but have not found an match yet from Digi-Key, Mouser, Newark, You-Do-It and a few other places I've looked.

Any other thoughts or ideas would be great.