Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

I hate computers....

Hi, I have spent all day getting my network up and running again. It would not recognise the computer I use for the panels or my laptop. Kept saying I do not have permission etc etc. WideFs wouldn't connect... WAAAAAAAHHHHH
    What did I do to make it upset - Absolutely nothing. I went to bed last night happy as Larry, everything was fine, a nice evening flight to Paris.
    I woke today and it wouldn't connect - all I did was switch the computer off and go to bed.
    Why do the computer gods send gremlins out in the night when you are asleep to mess with things?
    Allan.

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: I hate computers....

Don't know Allan. That type of thing has happened to me also. I do the "walk away" test. Switch everything off, remove all plugs from the mains, take the wife shopping, come back much later and all works. I don't understand computers!! Guess they are a bit like women!!
    Good luck,
    Bill
    Bill
    P3D/ IFly737 Pro

25+ Posting Member

Hi Alan.
    My guess is that you flew to Paris and didn't change the language on you computer. That's why it couldn't speak the next morning. It didn't understand lol. Sorry had to put that in I had the same problem and our IT guy here told me that it only takes one component of the game not to shut down properly and bingo.. Normally restarting the computer again fixes it.. But you are right ... most frustrating..
    Hope you sort it out.

Cheers
    Mark

It was the wireless internet. (I think)
    It would connect and then a few seconds later would go to "identifying", the funny thing is I could use the internet perfectly but it would not let Widefs communicate, nor let my network computers communicate. This took me most of the day to sort and I have still not got it working properly, I had to connect it to the router with a cable and shut down the wireless on that computer. I am still stumped because the wireless works perfectly on my main computer.
    The router is years old so I think I will get a new one anyway.