Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

PMDG 737 and Throttle Tek 737 TQ

I was wanting to know if anyone is using the ThrottleTek 737 TQ with the PMDG 737 for FS9 or PMDG 737 NGX for FSX.

I am trying to figure out what to assign the fuel cutoff levers to in FSUIPC.

Mixture Rich and Mixture Lean work well with the Quality Wings 757, but doesn't work with the same setting in PMDG
    737s.

I appreciate anyone suggestions.

Thanks
    Perry Fincher
    United States

MyCockpit Support Staff dodiano's Avatar

Re: PMDG 737 and Throttle Tek 737 TQ

Hi Perry,

PMDG is not too caompatible with FSUIPC can you try with the direct assignments for mixture lean and rich but within FSX and let me know??

Take care!

Roberto

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi,

Why not use the mouse macro part of FSUIPC. I think the cut-off levers are a microswitch so you should be able to use a mouse macro. I can't remember if they are included in the 737 Macro that Pete developed and included in FSUIPC.

Rob

10+ Posting Member

No, that didn't work either for the PMDG 737.

Well, I managed to break the damn flaps lever in the process of having to redo all the axis setting in FSUIPC for some reason it didn't retain them and couldn't get the flaps handle to work.

Setting the unit to the side and will work on it later.

Thanks
    Last edited by perryfincher; 10-27-2011 at 12:13 PM. Reason: spelling
    Perry Fincher
    United States

The Throttletek works ok with FSX Leveld 767, PMDG737NGX and the FSX747/8.

Greetz Rob(KLM1383 ,IVAO network)

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi,

I just remembered that the PMDG 737 NG for FS9 will always show the fuel levers on, you can't save it with them off. So after a flight and shut down, I used to switch the fuel levers on on my modified GF TQ which turned them back on in the sim.- SO when I started the 737 the next time, I would just turn off the fuel levers from my TQ before doing anythiing else, and then set them tp run when starting the engines. Hope this helps.

Rob

10+ Posting Member

Hey Rob,

What did you set you cutoff levers to in FSUIPC in the button and switches menu to get it to work with PMDG 737?

Thanks
    Perry Fincher
    United States

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi,

I used a mouse macro and then decided which switch or button to use and assigned it through FSUIPC. Mouse macro's are easy. After opening FS and selecting your aircraft, bring up the TQ on the screen and then go to Modules which has FSUIPC in it. Select Buttons and look in the left bottom corner and you'll see a box "Create a Mouse Macro" Click on that and another screen comes up asking you to name the macro - enter whatever name you want to use then close this window and also click OK on the main menu. You should now have the original aircraft screen plus the TQ pop up. Click on one of the fuel levers ONCE and you will see a screen in the top left corner - name it fuel # and then press TAB ONCE and you should see the lever move, if it does, hit enter then go to the other lever and do the same. Then go to Modules and open FSUIPC - Buttons & switches - gop to the bottom left corner and click on "End Mouse Macro" Then choose the button/switch/lever you want to assign the fuel lever to and go to the right side of the menu and select FS, thenselect the drop down menu and find the fuel lever you want to assign to your switch and click on it in the menu. Do the same for the next switch, then hit OK and you should now have your fuel levers assigned to your switches. So now when you turn on a switch the lever will move and when you turn off the switch your lever will move. If the fuel lever doesn't switch off when you turn your switch off go back into FSUIPC and press the switch and then go to the bottom of the page and select the same lever in the "Command on release" window and then click OK.

So now you have to remember to turn you fuel on after you shut down the aircraft and then when you restart it, beforer you do anything else, set your switches to off which will turn your fuel levers off, then go ahead with aircraft pre flight etc.

Hope this helps

Rob

10+ Posting Member

Hello Perry,
    I am using my Throttletek G737 and every function on it works perfectly. I LOVE it. It is VERY easy to set up.
    To set the fuel levers, go into the FMC in the NGX and go to Menu>PMDG Setup>Options>Key Commands>Control Stand>(press)Next Page (button) and you will see "ENG 1 IDLE (shift+ctrl+F2)" "ENG 1 CUTOFF (shift+ctrl+F1)" "ENG 2 IDLE (shift+ctrl+F4)" ENG 2 CUTOFF (shift+ctrl+F3).
    Now go into FSUIPC and go to "Buttons+Switches". Move the Engine one cutoff switch all the way up, on the G737 and set that button in FSUIPC (check box-Select for key press) then click the "Set" button and type the "ENG 1 IDLE" hotkey combination in the box, then check the box "Key press not to be held" and go down and set "Press the key(s) to be sent when you release this button" to match the "ENG 1 CUTOFF" hotkey combination in the NGX FMC. Double check to be sure you have everything right and set ENG 2 the same way.
    It works beautifully!
    Also, the best thing to do with FSUIPC early on is to go to the FSUIPC.ini file in the FSX>Modules Folder, open it in "Notepad" and look for Profiles=No and change it to Profiles=Yes, then select "Save". Then make a profile for the NGX in the FSUIPC Options and Settings within FSX. Also use this to make custom profiles for all of your aircraft. That way whenever you load the NGX or other aircraft, all of your controllers will be custom pre-set.
    Do this before you make any other settings.
    Let me know if you have any problems.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your advice on the G737G Throttle for the 737NGX's fuel switches, great. It works perfect now. Now It is only the engine reverse handles I can not engage sucesfully. Do have any advice for on this ones.

I use win7 64 bit, FSX and of course PMDG 737 NGX!

Best regards
    Morten

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast