Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: PMDG 737 and Throttle Tek 737 TQ

Hello Morten,
    You have to remember that the reversers on the Throttletek is just a "Button" and not an "Axis". Just set them up using the "Button and Key" setup on FSUIPC.
    Either reverser pushes the same button, so if you set one, both will be set.
    Once in "Button and Keys" on FSUIPC, pull the reverser handle (either one) and you will see FSUIPC recognize it. Go to "Select Keystroke" on the upper left side and choose F2 (if that is still your default keystroke for lowering the throttles in FSX). Then check the box for "Repeat while held) and under "what to do when released", you can set your key that increases the throttle, which should be F3 if you haven't changed it.

Bob

2. Thanks tpdola2 thanked for this post
    MyCockpit Support Staff dodiano's Avatar

Hi Morten,

Have you tried my tutorial?? How to setup reversers is specified on the FSUIPC tutorial!!

Regards,

Roberto

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi KLM 1383,

I'm thinking of buying this TQ to use with FS9 PMDG 737,747, and Level D 767. How did you get the 747 to work with 4 of everything, on the Throttletek 737 TQ? Did you use FSUIPC and if so what did you do?

Thanks

Rob

10+ Posting Member

Hello Roberto. I haven't seen the tutorial. Is it on these forums? I've got everything working very good. I can tell that the reversers are not an axis setup, but a button that pushes when you raise the reverser, which really works just fine. In fact, but being a button the reversers come on more consistantly.

My G737 is working great. I really love it. It is making the experience of flying the NGX (I'm also using it for CS757 and 767) so much of an improvement that I could never go back to using CH Throttles for heavy aircraft now.

Thought I sent those fsuipc tutorials to you??? Well I am glad you made them work but I will send you the tutorials ! Glad you like the throttle we put a lot of work into it!!

Take care!

Roberto

10+ Posting Member

Roberto, you did a beautiful job on this throttle. I have just a couple of very minor suggestions that I believe would make it more durable and would not cost anything significant at all.

First suggestion is, on the engine cut-off switches; when you put the little white handles on them, I see that you are also using a glue with the screw. This glue is not holding up and my little handles got very loose right away. Instead use a drop of "Gorilla Glue" http://www.gorillaglue.com/, then put your screw in and tighten it. This stuff is bullet proof and one drop is holding my little handles on perfect.

Second suggestion is on the pushrods inside the unit, you have little screws with one small nut on each pivot, which you can't tighten since the lever has to move freely. It would be much better to use two nuts on each of the screws on the pivots and lock them against each other, or use self-locking nuts. Since the screws which are used for pivot pins, have to stay loose, that single nut is going to eventually back out with the movement of the lever.
    I am going to go in and double nut all of mine if I can find some tiny nuts that size.

That's the only suggestions that I have on this G737. It is a beautifully made throttle and I can see you have put a lot of thought and work into it. It makes flying the NGX so much more enjoyable to have throttles that move and feel realistically.

I would appreciate having those tutorials.

Thank you for the great product. Anyone that purchases this will be happy with it.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Will do that!! Thanks for the Suggestions my friend will try to improve all thos elittle things!!

Take care!

Roberto

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12