Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Vulcan Bomber...

Hi folks. Welcome to my Vulcan Bomber flight sim cockpit project. I have been considering doing a cockpit for years. Im hoping to do a 3 projector setup with monitors at back of instrument panels. I chose the Vulcan because of the wrap around windows (i.e. 737, etc), simple avionics systems (i.e. cheaper i hope), Jerry Anderson 1950s noir, and because i fell in love with the Iris Vulcan since i got it. Im in the really early stages of learning how to do an Fsx cockpit so that i can rip up my ORBX scenery. Ive got heaps to learn. Started on the seats, as i had MDF laying around.

If the sim does not work out, then im gonna have a pair of cool looking chairs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks Matt Olieman thanked for this post

Re: Vulcan Bomber...

Looks like an awesome start to a unique cockpit, I really looking forward to see how this one progresses. I don't think I've ever seen a Vulcan cockpit build.

Shawn

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Wow, this could be a fantastic pit! It reminds me of another unique cockpit on our forum - the superconnie.
    Props to you if you manage to pull this off, fantastic choice for a legendary aircraft!

Let me know if i can help you in any way...

All the best
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

10+ Posting Member

Thanks Shawn. And thanks Geremy, i will be needing much help with my project. Im still trawling through the threads and tutorials before i go posting all sorts of questions and requests for information on cockpit buiilding. Im still yet to research all the FSUIPC stuff, IO cards, panel studio editing, etc. All help and suggestions would be most appreciated. Cheers.

10+ Posting Member

Work continues on the seat pan/bucket for the Martin Baker Mk3KS ejection seat. As far as i can tell, there was a few variations on the bucket shape between models. Some had an outwards step on the right hand side wall. I chose, the straight one as it was easier. This seat pan is quite common across many of the Martin Baker seats. This seat pan will include the folding armrests, negative G strap, leg restraint loops and snubbing units, and two fireing handles. The seat pan will be filled up by the survival pack equipment that the pilot will sit on. Have not decided yet weather to do the early style fabric covered one, or the yellow fibreglass suitcase type. Most of the rivets on the seat would be occluded by a stack of equipment. Ive put down the ones that would be most visable.

Any help and suggestions most appreciated.

Photo570.jpgPhoto576.jpgPhoto577.jpgPhoto588.jpgPhoto590.jpg

25+ Posting Member
    surrounded by hostile natives.....NE Anglais

another avro a/c on the go! Hussah!
    Is it just going to be a 1 man show or you putting the co pilots and rear crews posts in? I'm using a rear crew seat from a V bomber as the pilot seat in my lanc sim.....

10+ Posting Member

The plan is to have the two seats on the flight deck, which will be alot less roomy than a 737. I hope to model the flight engineer, and perhaps the other 2 crew members, with voice activated co pilot programme. (to go through all them checklists). The Iris Vulcan has a great flight model, but low systems fidelity. I hope this will free up time and money for other things. Thanks for checking in. Cheers.

Didn't really know what a Vulcan cockpit looked like so I did a quick google search and found this.

360 degree Vulcan Bomber

Awesome looking cockpit, from the yoke to the throttle quadrant, nothing looks like a typical aircraft part. Makes me wish I had the time to undertake something like that.

Shawn

75+ Posting Member

Looks great!!!! if you want i can supply you with some pictures of the seat, i have one at home. It is a great airplane and very pretty!!!

Maybe this gives you an idea of the seat:

Regards Remco

10+ Posting Member

Thanks Shawn for the 360 pic. That will be most helpfull. I had not come across it before.

Thanks for that image Ramcosol, you make me envious to have such cool kit. I will study your image closely and i will probably ask a few questions about the harness assy. Ive been trying to get my head around all the placements of the lift lines, leg loops, leg restraints etc. I see you have the right hand seat. These things cost a fortune now. Ive seen one, 25 % less complete than yours, polished, for sale $25,000. Believe it or not. Thanks heaps for the offer. Cheers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast