Thread: Hi There!

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hi There!

My name is Jeff and I am very new to the Simulated Aircraft building hobby. I have pick up a couple of books from Mike Powell that I have enjoyed very much, but it does make me wish I would have paid more attension in my high school electronic classvery base knowlege in electonic.I am excited in getting started on my build. What I am thinking of is a mid 80's twin engine beechcraft Baron 58. I have found a couple of really cool web site, but would welcome any kind of input that you may have to get started.
    Thanks, Jeff

Re: Hi There!

Google The Guages Factory you will find some amazing networkable gauges for your project. Absolutely payware quality and Laurent gives them away for free. I have run them quite easily on computers that I bought for less than $100.00.

Shawn

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Just like everything else in the technological world, interfacing real aircraft parts is becoming more and more possible, and i would guess that in the next few years we will have some genius who will come up with a connectivity to allow real aircraft parts to be truly plug and play with flight sim with just calibration.

The sky's the limit... but for now, we're in the dark ages and real parts need to be wired up painstakingly to achieve good results. Nevertheless with time and dedication excellent results can be done
    Last edited by Geremy Britton; 10-21-2011 at 07:29 PM.
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

Jd,

Just keep filling your head with ideas as you move along. I've been two+ years planning my glass panel G58. Buying parts, researching, taking months at doing nothing, and getting the garage ready for the build. Finally started the build, which might not go any faster, but I believe it will. My main interest is to do it right and enjoy the experience. I'll share whatever I can with you, even though you are going "old school." You probably already checked out Scott Hendry's website, but if not go there. He's a cool dude and actually responds to intelligent questions.

Best wishes,
    REX