Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

would like to have 5 monitors as the main veiw HELP

I would like to run 5 monitors for the main veiw, I have Th2go running 3 monitors now, but it will not give me a 180 degree veiw, (Left and right side), I can open new windows (left and right side) and place it on each side, but I can not get it to line up with the main veiw, is this possible? I do have 2 other PC's I could use, but just don't understand setting up the network part, and what programs I need to make this happen. Could someone steer me in the right direction with diagrams or printouts to put this together. I will also be using 3 more monitors for gages and such. HELP

Re: would like to have 5 monitors as the main veiw HELP

Hi Jphere,

With a Triple head to go, you have two options: one very large front view (across the three monitors) or three independent view. Three independent views on the same PC kills your frame rate, but you have the right views with the right angles (if you play with the FLT files).

If you want to expand your visuals to networked computers, you need wideview by Luciano Napolitano. One view per PC, best frame rate (as best as your hardware can handle) but you need to install FS in every pc, and you must use same hardware to get same FPS for bests results.

I never heard any configuration mixing three monitor visuals (th2go) with two more PC's with wideview. But maybe you become the first!
    Greetings!
    Aaron Sanchez - http://mi737.blogspot.com

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

I am also trying to accomplish the same thing jphere, maybe we can work on it together. I have a cockpit shell with 4 windows so I have 2 32" Acer's as my front view and then 2 27" Acer's as my side views. I then use a 7" touch screen monitor on my dash panel to show my GPS display on. I original started out using 2 Radeon's 5870's (I believe is what they are) because of all the different display outputs they have. I was running dualhead2go for the 2 32" front displays, the other 3 stand alone. I was able to get everthing up and running but I have 2 problems. 1. The frame rates sucked and 2. I could not get the front view to where it looked right, I tried cockpit view, virtual view, moving the eyepoint all around, and nothing looked right. Here is where I am at now, I just installed a Radeon HD 5970 that has 6 mini display ports on it. This helped with the Frame rate problem, but did not fix the view problem. So now I am considering after looking into the wideview option is to either go with networked computers or projector setup. But I am like you I don't know anything about how to properly set up a networked gaming setup.

Denny

Hey guys been awhile, my 1/2 scale flight deck is going great, got the glare sheild built, got the MCP, 2 pieces of radio equipment, gear lever-flap and trim control (all go-flight hardware) installed. I decided to just stay with the 3 monitors for now (spending to much right now), here is where I sit, and have a few questions. I have added a monitor on the face of consol for the gages and engines, but I would like to run this extra monitor on the second PC, along with the go-flight hardware. I have loaded a copy of FSX on PC2, also the go-flight download on to PC2, now I want to have both PC's communicate with each other in FSX, Can I do this by connecting both PC's with a crossover cable? Or do I need to do a network connect? Do I need to load some availible software? I tried the demo FSXpand, but can not get this to work for some reason and not so sure it is the software I need, I think it would cost me around 130.00 some american dollars to get the complete download, not sure I want to pay that if it will not do what I'm looking for. All help on where to go from here would be great. Thanks