Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: my A320 throttle - some pics & a short video

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJ View Post
    There's too much money in A320 throttles, they are complex! Why would anyone give away the drawings for one? I have come close to some drawings but just couldn't make out enough to be able to do anything with them. The A320 throttle is purely for the talented that want the big bucks to build them (and that's if they want to build another one that is).

Its a sad reality, but that's just the way it is!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddym View Post
    yep, agree completely. I just wish I could get some good files to cut either a 727 throttle or a A320 throttle, not even a full one but enuff to run my sim while I iron out the details. some of these guys have built nice throttle that they dont sell, i wish they would cough up soome drawings, I would gladly cut parts in trade.
    If you are yet interested you can download freeware dwg drawings of an A320 Throttle Quadrant from my website: www.mycockpitsolution.com

2. Thanks No Longer Active thanked for this post

Hello mate, would you be able to list the electronic hardware used please and possibly a picture of the connections?

Quote Originally Posted by AirFan View Post
    Hey guys,
    Here are some pictures and a link to a short video to get an impression of my first A320 Throttle Unit. It's the 1st prototype. Most of the geometry of the levers is based on real drawings and I think it became a pretty good replica.

The unit has all detents in place (TOGA, FLX, CLB, IDLE & REV IDLE). Each lever is gear connected with a 10K pot also covering the reverser zones and of course it has the switches for A/THR disconnect. For interfacing I use the BU0836 controller.

The reverser locks work very well. It's like the real thing. When in idle you have to pull the small levers to get into reverse. If you push them forward to idle, the reverse levers snap to their original position and the reverser zone is locked again.

So far I used this unit with the wonderful A320 FMGS software from JeeHell (many thanks, buddy!!!) and it's really a great experience to pull back the throttles from TOGA or FLX to CLB after takeoff, to disconnect the A/THR during an approach, fly manually and to pull the levers to kick in the reversers after a smooth touchdown. It really add's a lot of realism feeling compared to this tiny generic lever I used before.

Some minor refinements will be done in the next version and some more testing is neccessary.

There is still 15mm space on both sides of the housing. That should be enough to add a suitable gear connecting the trim wheels and the trim indicator cones. The lever shaft is a hollow shaft already. I might work on that later.

However, so far I think it became a pretty cool device and it was way cheaper than some other available products which are for sure very nice but unfortunately way out of my budget. If you guys have any questions or comments, drop me a line.

Cheers,
    Rob

here the link to the short demo vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XizmV3NkfDo

Hi it's most amazing nit expensive trhottle ...
    But if i want to buy??? Or if you send the project?
    Anyway great job

Hi it's most amazing nit expensive trhottle ...
    But if i want to buy??? Or if you send the project?
    Anyway great job

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123