its my first one

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: wanting to build a 737-800 but dont no when to start

Hi,
    That is a very broad question.
    I started by reading virtually every thread on this site. That was almost a year ago and I still do not have a flyable pit. I have all the parts but just need to put them all together, which will probably be next spring before my first flight.
    Don't expect to get it done in a month.
    I began by building my MIP but was not happy with it so searched Ebay and got a great deal on a lot of kit. That was a few months wasted on the build.
    Then I decided my study has to be turned back into a study so am in the process of moving everything into my garage. Then I saw a real plane on Ebay and just had to have it, so I spent the last few months restoring that. It has been very enjoyable but costly, Mrs Notgotaclue has been a diamond and let me spend thousands on items that beep and flash.
    Allan

Hey, I`m also building my 4th design of 737 simulator. You can look at some photos at the same forum just 3 threads below yours. If you want I can send you my Glareshield CAD drawings of my design. These are as much accurate as I could do. I draw these based on my size on LCD monitors and panels that I bought from opencockpits. This is really a lot of work especially if you dont have lots of money to buy build panels and other finished components. I have read a lot on internet about electronics and I learned how to do this. For example finished and working overhead panel costs about 5000$. I have bought overhead panel kit from opencockpits for 500euro. All electronic components from other sites like Mouser. Rest is up to you to wire all these. I did one overhead panel already but my connections were based on very expensive program so later i decided that I will not spend that much money and I will rebuild my overhead again. You have to know that overhead panel with all switches and Leds with resistors have more that 1000 solder connections. For my next build I will probably use Fsxpand software and their layout (I will decide later). Right now Im in process of building fully automated throttle quadrant again of my design. Once I finish that I will make CAD drawings that I post online. Again cost of fully build quadrant goes around 5000$. Cost of my will be around 150$ plus time (lots of time and designing).
    So you can see that Im a person that dont have that much money to spent but I have really good hands to build these on my own.
    If you have questions ASK.
    Good luck.

One more thing.
    All my previous builds I have painted with Ral paint that I bought online for like 30$ a quart plus shipping. Last week I went to Home depot and they computer matched my paint and they mix a gallon can for me that cost me 22$. Color is perfectly same. If you need color mix formula for gallon size let me know.

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

hi could you send me the drawings it sound like i need a lot of mony for this project i dont have a lot of room for a full side one but i am going to do it to fit the space i have i am getting some stuff like a saitek yoke and throtle for christmas so i dont have to worry about that and hopfully some of there falnle swichis like autopilot.

could you suggest some good sights that sell cheep parts for like panles and outher stuff thanks