Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Which panels should I buy first??

Hi All now I got a really funny question but it seems to be important:

I will order the Poldragonet panels on monday and am unsure about a few things.

First: Which panels should I buy first? Overhead or Pedestal? I can only afford one at a time because right now I have a limited budget and thought that I would buy half of the MiP ( i'm buiding a single seat trainer) + efis panels + mcp + either overhead or pedestal now what is better? or better to work with? or should I buy Pedestal + Overhead? I will have to make two orders so that will add up 120€ of shipping .... Or is the shipping less when I order the smaller packages (MIP+MCP+EFIS+FiRE PANel+annunciators) although they always write 60 € with DPD?

second:
    I tried to contact them but they don't answer - I read a lot about their bad customer service but I think my order should work out. Now is it possible to get half of the MIP panels? And to get the set of Annunciators for the Overhead but not in the complete overhead kit? I am doing all the electronics by myself so I only need panels!!!

I hope you can help me!
    Marc

Re: Which panels should I buy first??

Hi,
    I would concentrate on the MIP and buy the full set. That is what you spend most of the time looking at and I guarantee you will regret it if you only buy half, it will make all the difference to the experience.
    As for the overhead V's pedestal. I would go for the overhead as you will use the switches for lights, engines etc.
    I would not bother with the pedestal if you are strapped for cash. They are relatively simple to build and all you really need is the Opencockpits Mutli-radio for starters and this can be added to when finances allow. Do you really need (or will you use) all the other panels on the pedestal?
    Just my opinion and I am sure others will disagree. When it comes down to it, the pit is yours and whatever you feel is right.
    Cockpit building and limited budget do not go hand in hand.
    I am looking at buying a fire warning, master caution, sixpack and 2 x AFDS panels to finish off my MIP. That is over £400 just for a few flashing lights. Must get a cheaper hobby.
    Allan.

ok you got a good point there with the MIP.

So I am going to concentrate on the MIP (that includes half of the MIP panels - take a look at my website www.x737cockpit.wordpress.com then you know what I mean with single seat trainer - the MCP panel + EFIS panel and the fire panel because that one is sold seperately) That makes:
    MCP: 50€
    EFIS: 20€
    Fire: 25€
    and MIP panels (I didn't get a price from Symulatory but I expect about 80-100 €
    total: 175-195€
    plus the shipping = 60 €

and that is why I thought I would also order either the Overhead Panels (320€) or the Pedestal Panels (230€) because either ones would still be in the budget and the shipping won't change. Probably I'll go for the Overhead because I can still use my Saitek Multi Radio until I invest into the Panels. Then I still need the Annunciators but they don't answer on emails....

Marc

Hi,
    You are further on with the build than I thought.
    Do you regret not building the full pit? I know I would.
    As for Poldragonet - I was going to buy from them but they didn't answer a simple question so lost out on a large order. Glad I didn't buy from them as I got a great deal on Ebay.
    Allan.

Hi guys

In my cockpit we go for the pedestal first, the reason is that its cheaper to build than the overhead, and you dont need any logic software (another pay to do). Its not too realistic to start the engines with CTRL+E, but this is better than try to get the right VHF frecuency via keyboard.

In addition, you are not including the electronics, which is more or less the same cost than the panels (cards, leds, rotatory, encoders, switches, etc...)

I buy several times in poldragonet with no problem at all, and they always reply to my messages!
    Greetings!
    Aaron Sanchez - http://mi737.blogspot.com

well you know with the electronics I got the 7 segment displays, I got the multiplexer and all the leds so that is no problem. switches and encoders yes... but that will come together over time.

my only concern is the missing possiblity to communicate with the people from poldragonet as I got a few things to discuss (MIP panels, annunciators) let's see if someone answers - maybe one of them is here on this forum?

@Allan

I only got a normal size room in our basement and I am the only enthusiast in our family so it would only be more expensive to build the second side, which would not be used so that's why I decided to build only one side

edit: does anybody know if it is possible to get the buttons for the mcp, efis, autobrake panel and the others?

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I buy several times in poldragonet with no problem at all, and they always reply to my messages!
    I sent them several messages regarding items and not once did I receive a reply. Maybe I was unlucky.
    Allan.

and that is my only concern because how should I get half the panels and the buttons and annunciators if it is impossible to communicate with them....

Quote Originally Posted by mrmaster View Post
    and that is my only concern because how should I get half the panels and the buttons and annunciators if it is impossible to communicate with them....
    ....by shopping elsewhere.
    Why give them your hard earned cash if they haven't got the decency to answer a simple question.
    Allan.

and where? there is no company offering similar prices at the same quality....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast