10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Is anyone flying fsx with nvidia 3d vision and glasses ?

Hi all,
    Has anyone had any experience frlying fsx with nvidia 3d vision and glasses ?
    Would love to hear about your experience with that, thanks

10+ Posting Member

Re: Is anyone flying fsx with nvidia 3d vision and glasses ?

experience out the window is bland, experience in the cockpit doesn't look quite right with a few parts at the wrong depth.

It's not great imho - better to fly without.

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Michael,

I fly with Anaglyph 3D at 100% Depth and the result is very effective. At that depth, you may as well be looking out of the window of the real cockpit. The runway lighting is a bit of an issue at night, but ORBX had started changing the runway lights in some of their airports to real 3D. (YMML V2 for example). Daytime flying is perfect. I have not seen the 3D using the other Nvidia glasses and the faster monitors. I did shop around until I found the Anaglyph glasses that gave the best filtering. Nvidia was the end result. As I have 5 x monitors using Wideview, the feeling is soooo... good.

Kind Regards

Bernie.
    E8400 @ 3.0GHz, DDR2 Ram 800MHz 4Gb, Vista Home Premium 64Bit, MSI 9800GT @ 512Mb, Philips 22" LCD Widescreen, Cockpit Setup X 5 using Wideview and Widetraffic.

10+ Posting Member

Thanks for the replies guys. Hmmmm. Kesomir, I appreciate your honesty. ... Many years ago I owned the
    e-dimensional 3d glasses and I loved flying fs with them. Flying the helicopter over downtown Chicago was a special thrill. At the time I flew in the virtual cockpit and the cockpit was definitely in front of the 3d view and there was real depth. Now I fly 2d with 3 monitors ( including overhead ) in my pit so the 3d view is only desirable for the outside cockpit and external views. The downside was I had to wear them over my glasses which was not the most comfortable thing and of course its a lot darker in 3d, but for me it was worth it. Bernie, to think you are having all that fun with what I'm guessing is an inexpensive 3d setup is awesome. Will you please share the details of that set up ? which nvidia card ? which model glasses ? how many computers ? I recently saw excerps of a 3d movie with nvidia 3d vision on an asus led 120 mhz monitor and I am hooked. Will definitely look into the anaglyph glasses. If you're out there flying with the new nvidia 3d systems ( fsx or otherwise ) please write in and enlighten us.
    Thank You

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Michael,

Most of the answers to your question are in my Signature, the glasses are the Nividia 3D Vision discover. These I purchased on Ebay. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=....c0.m270.l1313 The glasses are the same as the top item in this list.

Kind Regards

Bernie.
    E8400 @ 3.0GHz, DDR2 Ram 800MHz 4Gb, Vista Home Premium 64Bit, MSI 9800GT @ 512Mb, Philips 22" LCD Widescreen, Cockpit Setup X 5 using Wideview and Widetraffic.

10+ Posting Member

Thanks Bernie, awesome