Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: New Interface Board - FSUIPC Direct

We cant underestimate Chris, because he is a complete perfectionist with unrivalled skills in product engineering and product design. He has excellent ideas and creates concepts and then makes them happen with his cold hard cash resulting in a flawless engineered products. We are blessed that this guy is an aviation fan and particularly a GA fan. Chris is the new Simkits, he can slash their costs and expose the profit margins! Give it time, as soon as he ventures into usb gauges then boy wont the sim industry know about it.

Steve masters is also a powerful contender to the avionics market, could you imagine a Steve Masters and Chris Ellwood partnership? Two brits that can take on anyone! Watch out simkits, that's all I'm saying!
    GA or the Highway!

thanks Alex, I salute you!

It has taken a long time to find the right guys in the industry to produce this stuff, expensive time. But now everything is in place there is lots to look forward to and it is happening fast. Guys like simkits priduce low quantity and charge lots due to that financial concept. My concept is to produce lots and sell lots, set a ball rollling so that parts are affordable for everyone. Affordable parts means high sales, means high turnover that makes affordable parts. Personally it is a gamble for me because nobody has ever attempted to push into this market like it is mainstream, when it is not. My bet is that flight simulation is going to be a houshold hobby like train sets were in the 80's within 5 years. Lets see !

btw, I was the kids that didn't get train sets for xmas in the 80's, so you can see where I am coming from here lol

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cjellwood View Post

if ((FS#08B > 80){ IO#7 = 1 }
    Any chance your script editor will be either graphical or plain language? Many who have avoided OC and other script based I/O will be put off by anything that resembles coding. I think I fall halfway between the code writers and the code phobic extremes. I'm ok with some coding as long as I don't need a week or two of online reading to figure out the scripting language. BUT, I'd much rather have a graphical interface like Alan Dyers FS2Phidgets V5.

Can you speak more about the script editor you envision for this?
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: P3Dv4.1, FSUIPC5, Link2FSMulti, ASN16, Orbix, REX, BFF Force Feedback

Hi Tom,

I brainstormed the interface concept for months trying to figure out a simple way to configure hardware via software but it is like finding an easy way to bake a cake. Even when all the ingredients are pre packaged and weighed, it is still down to the baker to know how the oven works.

Personally I think graphical configs are more complicated that writing a bit of high level code. But I am thinking of a way to produce the script graphically to please every one in a sense. The script editor will simply be a text editor with a read and write button, connection via JTAG connector or USB for simple flashing of a config.

If a user does not have coding skills then a graphical interface can still be made to alter the config. More on this in a moment...

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cjellwood View Post
    Hi Tom,

I brainstormed the interface concept for months trying to figure out a simple way to configure hardware via software but it is like finding an easy way to bake a cake. Even when all the ingredients are pre packaged and weighed, it is still down to the baker to know how the oven works.

Personally I think graphical configs are more complicated that writing a bit of high level code. But I am thinking of a way to produce the script graphically to please every one in a sense. The script editor will simply be a text editor with a read and write button, connection via JTAG connector or USB for simple flashing of a config.

If a user does not have coding skills then a graphical interface can still be made to alter the config. More on this in a moment...

Chris
    Good to hear that both may be available. Given a good gui I can fly (pun intended) with a graphical interface. However, I am also not afraid to to go under the hood when I run into something the gui can't emulate. Being a visual learning and very visual in my approach I will always opt for the graphical interface since past experience has shown me that I'm so much faster with it. Additionally having a background in electrical engineering I prefer a schematic over a logic table any day...

I guess my thinking is I'd rather be flying than coding and I can code faster graphically.

Everyone's different and the broader the appeal of your product the better for you and us. Just my 2 cents worth...

Thanks for all your work on this!!!!!!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: P3Dv4.1, FSUIPC5, Link2FSMulti, ASN16, Orbix, REX, BFF Force Feedback

500+ This must be a daytime job

If the code is as simple as your example, then It would get interesting. Maybe even have a sort of "code bank" or "project library" where people could submit their projects, to save work for people scared to get started?
    http://juneaucessnasim.blogspot.com
    N58243 (virtual)- Low and Slow...

Have CNC-----will build.

Looks like nobody is home again.

Milt

500+ This must be a daytime job

Hi Milt,
    I think Chris is a very busy man, between his sim building and components he is making. I just received a Flaps
    unit. Very well made and at a price which was very good.
    Give hime some time im sure he will pop up shortly.
    Les

Sorry! For some bizarre reason I am not recieving email notification of replies to this thread except for the ones asking why I not replying lol. At this moment the firmware is being developed so will be able to show an example very soon.

Chris

10+ Posting Member

chris I salute your vision and enthusiasm!! I hope you suceeded. cheera bara

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast