Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Is there any issue with RSP ?

I have two or three issues with my pro line TQ since I received my TQ earlier this year, mainly software wise. I have sent many many e-mails to RSP asking for help, but never received a reply. I even sent offline skype messages, and again no response.

I was wondering is RSP open ?

Re: Is there any issue with RSP ?

I got mail from Oral yesterday, so at least he's not dead.

Maybe I can help you? Set it up for a friend and solved some issues on that one after a few mails.
    Whats malfunctioning?

Thanks Nax,

1) I have the new type TQ (2 cards instead of 3), and the flaps when in 5 position do not stay idle in 5 but play around 2 and 10 !!! Eren has told me that it is a software issue and that in the real a/c flaps 2, 5 and 10 are very close, so the software needs tweaking... after months of e-mailing I still have no response. Even a negative response could do, but I cannot deal with no response...

Hmmm
    The position is determined by the potmeter and vary in the range of 0-255. When flap is in one of the positions, the value stay.
    If the value varies, I would first think it would be a faulty pot. It is easier to read the values in my oldstyle TQ via SIOC, so I cannot tip you on how to determine if your values varies or not.

The flap handle is connected to the pot via a cog that is rather loose. You could try to take of this cog, turning the pot all the way down, set your flap to UP and then replace the cog.
    This operation will breake the warentyseals, so I wouldn't do it unless Oral told me to. Bummer...

We've had no problems with configuring the flaps via driver, but the cog i mention actually fell off the pot the first time we tried it.
    It's a pitty that such an expensive product have these errors. We also had to rewire the brake microswitches as there were a shortcut and the wires was not solidered. That last bit is really really not cool. The wires should be soliderd in all contact points. Wires fell off the controllingcard as well due to wrong socket connectors as soon as I touched it to replace the wire we had to replace..
    Oral will probaly kill me for writing this, but I hope it was a one time accident or at least that it can help secure quality on the products they sell.
    They cannot afford to deliver bad assembled TQs.

It was an hour or so to figure it out and fix it, but should't really be necessary to do these fixes. It should just WORK.

I hope RSP listen to us customers and do something with the support division.
    I do understand that it's a lot of work to help out all of us with problems, but it's quite clear that these advanced and mechanically complicated TQs need support, so they should have the organisation to deliver it.

But the day you have it up and running 100% Nick, you will forget about the irritation. I promise

Yeap that's true... there are minor issues in my setup, like this for instance, which you don't pay attention because of their low level of importance, compairing to the "big" project, but when you fly, take off for instance, and t/o speed is set to 152 and the flap gauge plays around flaps 2 and 10, it is annoying and it remonds you the 3500 euro you have spent one year ago.....

Rewiring ? I did that too, but that's another thing to talk about...

What I can accept is that complicated machines shouldn't but may have issues. What I cannot accept is unanswered e-mails and skype calls, and I am not talking about two or three!

It is a pitty indeed... Honestly this issue changed my mind when ordering my upcoming dual linked yokes.

75+ Posting Member

Hi
    My experience with Oral and RSP was completely different ..... I had a software issue recently that was not really a fault of RSP's but more a consequence of the software mix I was using to effect systems etc. anyway Oral bent over backwards to solve my issues which included having to write some software for me to resolve the problems.
    We did this via Skype and Oral logged into my PC remotely. I find it difficult to believe we're talking about the same company!

Clive

I have also got the help I have needed, but waiting a couple of weeks to get an onlinesession is not unusual.
    That is to long in my opinion, sitting with a 2-3000€ + TQ.

I love the products, but there is an issue to solve for RSP regarding information (for delays) and support to get them 100% working on your (anyones) systems.

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Hi all.

especially to Nick1150.

First of all tell you not to worry, RSP, will solve your problems.

When I read your post in the forum, I sympathized with you because your reaction is normal, you spend a few thousand euros in a TQ and discover a fault, and the first reaction is anger.

Let me explain my case to RSP, to calm down, but before you say:

1.Has Trothel purchased the best market.
    2.You poblem, they will be solved (I promise)
    3.RSP has not left even one dissatisfied customer
    4.It is true they are somewhat "slow" (note they make everything by hand,) also do not escape Ferrari have some fault, but in contrast to other Ferrari will solve the problem sooner or later.

I tell you my experience:

Before deciding to buy, a Trothel, I see many forums, FSC, Opencockpits, etc etc .... I talked with friends, the truth is that people were happy and satisfied those who bought a RSP, so I decided to buy.

It took about two months to deliver the TQ, and it is true that some email that I sent, took longer to answer, but I always reply.

When I had my TQ happily at home, I started to install, drivers, SIOC, etc etc, as I am very bad Informatic, Oral connecting from outside my computer, via skype, and helped me in everything.

In a few days to try the TQ, I noticed he was doing strange things with the parking brake, and reverse, I sent an email to Eren Yavi, who is the creator, mechanical and electronic parts. and another email, to Oral. (Software).
    At that time I was like you now, desperate, thinking she had thrown away thousands of euros, after many tests (they, before a determination is sure to solve via email or connection to your computer), TQ still giving problems.

Eren sent me from Paris to a technician to my house, I live in Barcelona, ​​to review the TQ. Unfortunately they could not solve the problem, the next day Eren, emailed me telling me not to worry that he personally would go to my house.
    Eren came to my house driving 2200 km, and after testing the TQ, he said he took him to Paris and would deliver it to me when we solve the problem.

If they tell me I do not think so, but I assure you it was, it certainly is not pleasant to have problems with a new product, but the response of RSP, was magnificent, I remember in my house Eren said: Raúl, do not worry, I've never left an unhappy customer and they did.

Nick I am absolutely convinced that your problem will be solved at all costs. You may have coincided with the holiday and will cost a little more time answering emails, let me give you an email, eren, eyavi@revolutions-simproducts.com

and tell us that this, and you will see how you will be a happy customer.

These products are rather complex hardware, software, mechanical .... but when you are running it you notice it's the best toy you could buy.

Raul
    Barcelona

Hi Nick1150,

are you shure you write your experience from the tq ofrevolution-simproducts ??? I believe NO !! I have a tq from this companie since june 2010, means one year. And I will tell you that my tq was one of the first which Eren send into the world. Of course, nothing is perfect of the world also our flightsim and also a tq simulates only a real one. And the proline tq from RSP is presently the best which I know: full metal, all functions so as it`s possible with the intenal offsets from microsoft, mcp from projectmagenta or opencockpits. You will never find a tq more compact (!!)and as close to reality for this price !! You can use the robust thrustlevers equal a real captain in a emergency, want to say with a heavy hand.
    Of course, I have had also some problems the first time. This problems are normal if a
    product is a newcomer on the market. But the service is exellent !!! If I send a e-mail to RSP, about one hour or earlyer I have help from Eren or Oral !! And this also at saturday evening !! All help was a really help and my problem was solved!! Where is such those service yet ?? I do not understand your problems with revolution-simproducts !!! You might even consider your computer skills. Can you do there is something wrong with the installation ?? I know some simbuilders they have a tq from RSP, but anyone with your problems !! I say it again RSP has an exellent service and exellent products !!! You will never have with your normal flightsim a reality of 100 percent.

radarcontrol

Hello to everyone,

First of all it is nice to hear that I am the first one who has problems with RSP. This means that they are doing a good job and that I am an exception to rule. We'll see.

Hello radarcontrol,

Don't get fustrated, and YES I am talking about the same company indeed. Yes the RSP Pro line TQ IS the best out there. That's why it costs 3500 euro and that's the amount I paid too. I am glad you had an excelent service. On the contrary I didn't. Are you so sure that I have something against RSP, so that you are so angry ? Are you a part of RSP team ? My proofs ?

My unasnwered e-mails to obarkay @ superonline.com and support @revolution-simproducts.com and some to eyavi @revolutions-simproducts.com

Dates:
    03/06/2011 - 16:35
    06/06/2011 - 07:12
    12/06/2011 - 21:27
    02/08/2011 - 18:48
    24/08/2011 - 19:58 offline skype call

I am sure I can find more from my business PC (I am home now). All of them asking for support. No answer.

I have met in person both Oral and Eren during FS weekend 2010 in Amsterdam. They seem to be very helpful and indeed the fisrt service I had was great. Actually I had in total 2 sessions with Oral and 1 with Eren, where they connected to my sim to fix things. The first two were the ususal ones that all of you guys had. Because my sim is the first vesrion with the 2 usb ports instead of 3, they made a false wiring connection, so they connected for a third time, together with skype video call and I rewired the card with their help online. After that we left 2 or 3 minor issues to fix. For those issues I have been struggling for support with no luck, no answers, no feedback.

In other words, I am happy with the product, but I am not happy with their service. All I want is an answer from someone to tell me that we will deal with your problem in let's say 23/09/2014... that's when I find time for you.... BUT an unanswer is something I cannot deal.

That's my latest experience with RSP. I do not have anything with RSP, just an unsatisfied customer. I posted this thread to know if anyone else has a similar problem like me. It seems not. I am happy that I am the only one, which means that either there is an issue with my e-mail directly with RSP's server or there is an issue of the foreign affairs between Greece and Turkey... kidding of course...

So It seems that for an unknown reason my e-mails and my skype calls have been missed (?)

We are a free market. That's why I HAVE the right to post such an experience to an open worldwide forum such as this.

Regards to all, and sorry if I disappointed some of you guys.

Nick from Athens

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast