Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

IROTATE - anybody used it?

Tip a monitor on it's end (90 degree turn) and show top and bottom displays as well as increasing available panel space either side of the monitor. "IROTATE" offers to provide this - but can I select just one monitor, or does activating irotate effect them all?

Anybody tried this piece of magic?

Thanks.

TONY, Plymouth UK

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: IROTATE - anybody used it?

Hi Tony
    your graphics card shou;d have software with it(or download from manufacturers website) this allows you to rotate any or all displays connected to the card e.g ATI has Catalyst Control Center, Nvidia has NVrotate. This is from their website.
    NVIDIA®'s NVRotate™ --bundled with all NVIDIA WinXP Drivers for desktop, workstation, platform, and mobile solutions--allows users to pivot any display connected to an NVIDIA GPU from landscape to portrait mode, for easier information and application viewing. Many LCD flat panels support rotate (or pivot) mode natively within their monitor stand, but lack the software to provide full hardware acceleration for 2D and 3D applications, and video playback.

Now, with NVRotate, you can rotate any display 90, 180 or 270 degrees for maximum flexibility. The result is increased productivity as users can select the most optimal way to view their applications. NVRotate works with any display, allowing users to design custom applications and deployment with NVIDIA GPUs.

It is important to note that NVRotate is an WinXP only feature, where the rotation is handled by the NVIDIA GPU. In Win7 & Windows Vista, rotation is performed by the Operating System directly and is supported by all NVIDIA Graphics Solutions

the beauty of using the manufacturers software is you know it works, it's normally free and integrates directly into the driver so 1 less piece of software hogging resources.
    hope this helps
    kind regards
    geoff

25+ Posting Member

Re: IROTATE - anybody used it?

I agree with Tony- I use this facility on one of my screens on my instrument pc and it works very well. It's in the nVidea control panel IIRC.

Den