Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Need help with a Boeing 777 part

I am looking for information about this 777-piece that is placed directly next to the Tiller:

I do not even know the name of the device. Some things I've found on youtube:

there is a realization for any flight simulator? Where can I find a description and pictures of the different screens? Whats the name of the device?

I would like to use a simple low-cost Tablet PC for Android. Right now I only show the charts at with SAG TV my position on the map. Maybe I can at least look like something "real" shape with different wallpapers and small self-written programs.

25+ Posting Member

Re: Need help with a Boeing 777 part

Hi Peter,

This component is called EFB (Electronic Flight Bag). A company called Aivlasoft has a good looking EFB package for MSFS and it's also VATSIM compatible. It's not 777 specific, but may work well. I haven't used it personally.

http://www.aivlasoft.com/products/index.html

Boeing 777 Builder

Hi Peter, I use Aivlasoft and its a very compreshensive EFB that can be used for any aircraft including the 777. It will show your airport taxiways, coms, progressive flight displaying the required charts as you approach each phase of flight etc. You can also use it to display checklists in pdf or any other document you'd like. The only limitation I see with using a tablet is that the Aivlasoft really displays best in landscape format not portrait as the real 777 EFB is orientated. I have found this to be a major issue in our commercial sim. Take a look at the pic below, the EFB is a touchscreen next to the tiller.

I would download the trial version of Aivlasoft and check it out on different screens to see what works for you.

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

4. Thanks skino thanked for this post

Hi Ken,
    Thank you for your quick response. That really helps me.
    Get the trial version and try it. Meanwhile I had also found a documentation of the B757 EFB:
    http://biggles-software.com/software...ero_23_efb.htm

The EFB will be able to run on an Android-tablet with a touchscreen. So I will not be able to avoid self-made. So a nice app like "Air Display", there is unfortunately only for IOS, not Android.

It's also more of the "play instinct" as a serious necessity. But that's why it's my hobby and not my job