Thread: touchscreen

75+ Posting Member Mr. Midnight's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

touchscreen

Hello folks i was just given a touch screen monitor and i downloaded the drivers and it works great.

my next test is to use it for the FMC , and if it does what i think it will do im in luck.

i should be able to program the FMC with ease by just pushing buttons as if it was a real one.

does anyone of you fine sim pilots use one , im about to set it up now.

i have always wondered if touch screens would work.

will let you know how it works..............Robert

10+ Posting Member

Re: touchscreen

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Midnight View Post
    Hello folks i was just given a touch screen monitor and i downloaded the drivers and it works great.

my next test is to use it for the FMC , and if it does what i think it will do im in luck.

i should be able to program the FMC with ease by just pushing buttons as if it was a real one.

Robert

I too am researching info using the T Screen for the FMS and other instruments. Here's an overview on a project using seven touchscreens.

Doug

10+ Posting Member

Robert, here's another overview on the use of touchscreens and FS.

Doug

75+ Posting Member Mr. Midnight's Avatar

Mycockpit.org Re: touchscreen

Thanks for the reply , I to a few years ago had a magic touch flip on screen , had it working a little bit not quite where i wanted it.
    also i later on broke the glass and never replaced it and touch screens then were way to high for justification.

believe it or not i found a 15 " touch screen monitor for 25 bucks at a garage sale , the company Trilogy Touch Technology went out of business five or six years ago.

i decided to give it a try with no drivers , found old sales company that gave me old drivers for xp/2000 only.

on my xp machine the moniter worked great , di d not have drivers for W7 or there was none.

Decided to load and update to W7 on my second machine and Wala ( W7 found 64 bit drivers for me ) , the monitor does even better than i could wish for, i now dont care in loading the FMC from scratch i can just like the Pro's, every button works like the real one.

im running a six monitor set up with level d and so far fantastic .

thanks........Robert

10+ Posting Member

Thanks for the reply , I to a few years ago had a magic touch flip on screen , had it working a little bit not quite where i wanted it.
    also i later on broke the glass and never replaced it and touch screens then were way to high for justification.

believe it or not i found a 15 " touch screen monitor for 25 bucks at a garage sale , the company Trilogy Touch Technology went out of business five or six years ago.

i decided to give it a try with no drivers , found old sales company that gave me old drivers for xp/2000 only.

on my xp machine the moniter worked great , di d not have drivers for W7 or there was none.

Decided to load and update to W7 on my second machine and Wala ( W7 found 64 bit drivers for me ) , the monitor does even better than i could wish for, i now dont care in loading the FMC from scratch i can just like the Pro's, every button works like the real one.

im running a six monitor set up with level d and so far fantastic .

thanks........Robert

My golly, I just found a 12" lcd screen at Goodwill(obviously not for touchscreen) for $8! Checked online and used Triology running @ $200 +

FMC: using the 'avionics' ala 737-800 from Aerosoft. They said a touchscreen would work on their FMC.

What 'glass'/software are you using for the FMC?

Doug

I have the FMC on a touch screen. Is "self-built" with a normal 15 " TFT and a touch screen foil: http://www.virtualvillage.de/review/.../list/id/4156/

In addition I have written a small program that the mouse for each Tap on the Touchscreen immediately moved back to the main monitor with the MCP, so I must not ever move the mouse across all the monitors.