500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Need ideas for a 737 cockpit base built ?

Hi,

This is my setup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X-hWlLhAH0

I will invest sometime in the near future (1-2 months) in a FDS 737 cockpit shell, so I will need a new cockpit base, since my base now cannot host this shell.

What I would like to keep is:
    1. the ability to move the base, which is very handy for cleaning and of course during wiring, RE-WIRING, ETC....
    2. The second issue I am having is that it has to be built in pieces since the stairs are not narrow enough and the elevator can only fit maximum 90 cms wide x 200 cms height.
    3. The third issue I am worried is that because this hobby is endless I do not know if I will need a dual linked yoke in the future, which means that whatever I build it must have the ability to host a dual linked yoke from now, so if that is the case I will not need then a new cockpit base.
    4. Finally, my server and 3 laptops clients, plus 2 ups and the rest of the equipment is now on the base hidden behind the MIP. I was thinking since I will build a new base, maybe to build a "rack" on the base to host all the equipment.

Any ideas are welcomed and fully appreciated. Links and photos too,

Thanks,

Nick

MyCockpit Support Staff

Re: Need ideas for a 737 cockpit base built ?

Hi Nick,

For strength and ease of build I think you cannot beat 25mm square steel tubing. My sim base is all steel and it sits on four trolley wheels, it can be quickly dismantled and it was designed to fit through a standard doorway which it does on it's side. There is a video of my flight controls here and you can see the steel tube frame http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exL6H4yP8xc
    I watched your video and the steel frame would work great for your set up. My steel frame cost about $700.00 and that includes the windscreen frame which also mounts the roof framework, there are no pillars at the back it is all cantilevered.

Cheers Gwyn
    Aerosim Solutions
    Cheers Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

3. Thanks Nick1150 thanked for this post
    500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar

Re: Need ideas for a 737 cockpit base built ?

Hi there,

Great video... I enjoyed the rudders too,

To be honest, I am scratching my head here for a long time. I am trying to fit everything inside the base, including my server and 3 laptops (clients) plus the audio amplifier and two UPS !!!! Maybe I am asking too much but my mind says that if I build a base, it would be extremely well designed and do the job I want it to do.... So I have made many drawing and all of them are in the garbage....

25mm is the way to go I think... So any ideas would be extremely helpful,

Nick