10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Project Magenta network triplescreen thingy idea ... seeking for advice

Hello all,

A idea just popped into my head just now and i wanted to use all of you guy's knowledge to see if it's possible.

I run a sim setup for multiple planes. I desided i want to be able to fly props and jets and all kind of planes. i run 6 screens for my sim. 3 upper for the outside view and 3 beneath those for the instruments.

Each time i want to fly another plane i have to run other glasscockpit software , sometimes tweak the windows and all , all time consuming. but i have plenty of pc's so i think of this ...:

what if i run, lets say 3 pc's with three glasscockpit setups. 1 with 737 glass, 1 with GA glass and 1 with RJ glasscockpit software. (PM) then i just use VNC remote software to display fullscreen the pc i need on to my three instrumentscreens.

here is the problem:
    The instrument pc i run now, has triplehead2go , so a triplescreen res. where i can put all the instrument windows. i would need this triplescreen res on all the 3 pc's. Is it possible to run a tripplescreen resolution on a pc while there is not actualy triplescreens connected to it ? So lets say i want to run , on a normal, no high spec pc with just one monitor ( thats not even connected to it, cause all is done by remote) with a resolution of 2400 * 600 ... is that possible ??
    These pc's i would just place somewhere far out of sight... and only control via remote network.

Do you guy's understand what i mean

Greetings Spyah

Re: network triplescreen thingy idea ... seeking for advice

I dont know if you can do this with VNC, but with other admin tools you can view the entire remote desktop resolution in a single monitor, whatever resolution you have.

But I think its not good idea at all. Graphics via network remote control is very very slow. You will not want to fly with your PFD runing at 10 fps. You can install several versions of PM GC in the same PC, and just start the one you want to. I think you can program a non-used switch or pushbutton in your cockpit to make a few kills (killing the 737 GC) and starts (for starting the GA GC).

縒hy triplehead2go on the instruments? I think its easier and even cheaper if you just add another cheap VGA to one PC, but if you already have the th2go its just ok.

I have no keyboard or mouse in my cockpit, I just load the fligth from a PC outside the cockpit, so when you enter in the cockpit you are already in the park gate. Every time I need to update, change configurations or so, I do via VNC or Remote desktop for our "instructor station". Sounds a bit utopic, but I think most common task can automate via scripts, schedule, etc.
    Greetings!
    Aaron Sanchez - http://mi737.blogspot.com

10+ Posting Member

Re: network triplescreen thingy idea ... seeking for advice

You are probebly right about the slow graphics via remote desktop. i think it all is a bad idea indeed hehehe
    and the triplehead2go i indeed i allready own. i used it for my main screen before , but now i have eyefinity for that and use the th2g for the instrument pc.

a switch for switching panels is a nice idea i'll look in to that, thnx for the reply.