25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Seven Segment Display

Hello,

Just starting my B738 build and have dropped my first clanger (first of many I am sure).

I already had a couple of phidget LED 64 cards and so bought a pile of common anode seven segment displays (SSD) for the MCP and overhead indicators and was going to buy another phidgets card.

Anyway, Alan (Coconutair) has been very helpful but has pointed out that I cannot drive SSD off a phidget card. So, I plan to use open Cockpit cards but understand they only operate common cathode SSD.

Rather than bin the SSD does anyone know if there is a way of using common anode with OC cards or converting common anode to common cathode? I have done some reading up but the answers are all to technical for me. I am willing to read and learn but my electronics knowledge is very limited and some of the forums are aimed at electronic wizards!!

Any and all help gratefully recieved.

My regards

Dave Miller

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Seven Segment Display

Hi Dave,

There is no easy way to interchange common cathode and common anode 7 segement LEDs. It would entail building a seperate circuit to fit between the OC boards and the displays. Believe me you don't want to go that route, bite the bullet and get the correct displays. You can buy them quite cheaply from
    http://www.lc-led.com, they sell all types and sizes even mutiple SSD displays.

Regards
    Joe

25+ Posting Member

Re: Seven Segment Display

Hi Joe,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I'll take your advice. I'll order from LC, that's where I got the common anodes from.

My regards

Dave