Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hello, new fella with hopes to build a aircraft specific Grumman Goose MIP

Hello all, I have been lurking for a week or so and have just started on my Grumman goose project, The end goal is a fully working Grumman Goose MIP as well as over head mounted throttle, mix, and pitch levers as well as some over head gauges. I need all the help I can get in terms of advice for how to make this project a reality.
    right now I have a 3 screen set up for visuals, but would like to know the best way to go about setting up 2 or 3 more for virtual gauges. I have a desktop aviator board for most of my toggle switches up and working , and I have a board on the way for rotary encoders and pots on the way, I have FSUPIC as well as widefs I have tested out some free gauges with widefs and gotten them working but so far am not satisfied with the data update rate, ( looking for tips on improving performance with that). this will be a first time build and money is a much bigger factor than time. I have moderate electronics and programing experience, and strong art skills, I can weld and have a small wood shop in the basement, so most things will be home fabricated. there will be some need to use other aircraft but mostly I want things to work and look like a grumman goose layout. pleased to be here and hope to hear from folks soon. thanks and wish me luck.

500+ This must be a daytime job

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Hello, new fella with hopes to build a aircraft specific Grumman Goose MIP

Welcome and good luck!

Reid
    http://juneaucessnasim.blogspot.com
    N58243 (virtual)- Low and Slow...