Thread: Boeing 767 MCPs

500+ This must be a daytime job Boeing 747 Flyer's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Boeing 767 MCPs

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if there are any MCPs commercially available for Flight Simulation use in a Boeing 767 cockpit?

I know most people use the Aerosoft MCP as their 767 solution, but are there any others?

Cheers,

Jack

25+ Posting Member

Re: Boeing 767 MCPs

http://www.bfsmedia.com/~cockpits/pr...ing/767mcp.htm

I dont know anything about this company so maybe someone else can comment?

Hope it helps you, kind regards dion

150+ Forum Groupie

Simvionics do the best 767 MIPs. There website is down at the moment which means they arent taking orders while they clear a backlog but it is worth the wait until they open the site again. The quality of the panels is as good as the real thing. The aerosoft ones are really bad considering the price (I owned one and it was pretty basic). The simvionics ones also have very realistic backlighting.

Tom.

500+ This must be a daytime job Boeing 747 Flyer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tomenglish2000 View Post
    Simvionics do the best 767 MIPs. There website is down at the moment which means they arent taking orders while they clear a backlog but it is worth the wait until they open the site again. The quality of the panels is as good as the real thing. The aerosoft ones are really bad considering the price (I owned one and it was pretty basic). The simvionics ones also have very realistic backlighting.

Tom.
    Tom, what is the approximate price of the Simvioncs MCP? I'm really not looking to spend more than £300.

150+ Forum Groupie

Hmm. I really cant remember. But I dont think it is more that £200 but dont quote me (I think its around £150 - £170). However you have to provide your own internals such as 7-segment displays, rotaries and push buttons and hook them up to some kind of interface card. However as a previous owner of the aerosoft MCP I know that it uses a Hagstrom board to talk to your PC and that isnt as easy to connect to FS. To use the Aerosoft with OpenCockpits you need to replace the 7 segment displays anyway as they are the wrong type.

So my advice is if you are going to use OpenCockpits anyway get the Simvionics MCP and provide your own internals. It will be cheaper and easier in the long run. If you arent then you can try your luck with the Hagstrom card Aerosoft uses.

Tom