Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    500+ This must be a daytime job Boeing 747 Flyer's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Saitek Quadrant Problems

Hi everyone,

I am having major issues with my two Saitek Yokes.

Despite working fine for months, they have suddenly stopped working today.

Both Yokes, despite working perfectly in the Windows calibration window, and despite being recognised by FSX, will not allow their axis to be assigned to anything.

For example, if I try and assign the ailerons axis, I move the Yoke left and right... And FSX detects absolutely nothing. However, the Windows interface, and FSUIPC for that matter, all detect movement on BOTH yokes.

This morning, I managed to re-assign both Yokes (for some reason, FSX recognised the movements). However, after 5 minutes of working fine, after switching aircraft, the Yokes' movements were unrecognised by FSX, despite being recognised by FSUIPC and Windows.

Any ideas? The Yokes themselves are fine; it's just FSX isn't identifying their movements (but FSX does identify the Yokes as devices).

Cheers,

Jack

500+ This must be a daytime job

Re: Massive Saitek Yoke Problems

Jack

Did you solve the problem with SIOC, if so, what was it? I ask because presumably the saitek yokes are connected via usb, as is the SIOC hardware. Pehaps a common issue here?

David

500+ This must be a daytime job Ronson2k9's Avatar

Seems like more of an FSX problem then yoke. Did you recently have a power failure? Perhaps removing the yokes (USB direct or USB hub connection) to the computer and plugging them back in. I know that sometimes my stuff's recognition will be a bit wonky after a power failure.

Just to diagnose a bit farther you can try using the yoke in another game like a racing game or something to see if the yoke is loosing power. As you say it's recognized via windows and FSUIPC. It does seem more FSX related.
    Up Up and away in my beautiful my beautiful - Amphibian

Thanks for the replies everyone.

David, I did fix he SIOC issues (with the exception of the USBKeys Card, but I think this is electronically damaged, as windows identifies it as problem device). I doubt it's SIOC related, as only 2 OC products are currently plugged in, and SIOC is not started. The Yoke is entirely functional in FSUIPC and the Windows calibration interface, but not the FSX interface.

Ronson, I have no experienced a power failure, but did recently experience a BSOD when laying with the Yoke (although the problems were still occurring even before this BSOD). I think I agree with you when you say it's an FSX issue; as its ONLY the FSX interfaces that don't recognise the movements, whilst Windows and FSUIPC does.

Cheers,

Jack

Jack

I was wondering whether it was a USB recognition problem. Presume you have tried swopping ports etc to see if problem follows. Sometimes it can nelp if you go into device manager and delete the majority of USB entries and let the system rebuild itself on reboot

Regards

David

Hi David,

Thanks for that reply.

I have tried swapping the ports, etc, etc, but the fact that BOTH my Yokes are showing the same problem (which are obviously plugged into two separate USB ports) rules out the possibility of a Hub/Port failure.

Please may you expand upon the "deleting devices" idea? Do you mean disabling then re-enabling, or something else? I'd quite like to try deleting then rebooting, it could work.

Cheers,

Jack

Jack

Sorry, just about to go out! Try a search on google for usb "unkown device" I had similar problems to your sioc once and it was machine dependent. I solved it by going into control panel/system/device manager and then click on view/show hidden devices. Then delete/remove the majority of the usb entries and let the computer rebuild them on reboot. There are a number of articles on the web - I just can`t remember or find them on my computer at present. It is a long shot but worth a try.

Regards

David

8. Thanks Boeing 747 Flyer thanked for this post

Hi David,

Thanks so much for your idea. Deleting the entries and tehn restarting has fixed all problems; at least for now!!!

Cheers,

Jack

Jack

Glad to help. I do not believe in co-incidences, so when all of a sudden you had two apparently unrelated problems it is worth looking for the common factor

Regards

David

Re: Saitek Quadrant Problems

Thread has changed purpose!

I now have a problem with my Saitek Quadrant.

Despite working perfectly in the Windows device manager test page, all three levers on the quadrant are showing the same issue.

The levers are either "on" or "off" according to FSX. EG: If I set my flaps lever to 25%, it will set them to full. If I keep moving it up, nothing happens. However, if I pull it back to 0%, it will return to 0. In other words, it's either "all or nothing".

The exact same issue happens with the spoiler and throttle levers. Interestningly, FSUIPC rports the same problem when trying to calibrate from there.

However, if I got into device manager, and right click on the Yoke, and click "properties", I can move all three levers freely with absolutely no problems.

Arrghh!

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Jack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast