Thread: fsuipc

75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

fsuipc

I am having problems calibrating my rudder.

1) What determines the "joy" number? Is it a particular device or the card I am using (Leo's)

2) Is my rudder, left brake, and right brake one device or three?

3)When I "re-scan" the rudder the joy number comes up as 1 or on another scan as 2.

I am somewhat confused......

Re: fsuipc

What type of pedals are you trying to calibrate? If you have separate pots for the toe brakes you should see three axis, one for each brake and one for the rudder control.

75+ Posting Member

I have the revolution rudder pedals but I get different joy numbers for rudder and pedals - it changes on re-scan

That's an odd on? I'm guessing you have checked to see what axis is assigned to what function already? I'm only guessing but could FSUIPC be thinking that your rudder axis is the left and right toe brakes? I'm not even sure that is possible but... you should also make sure that you don't have any axis assigned from within the FSX control panel, occasionally FSX will assign functions to pots and buttons at random. Again I'm only guessing...

Now that I think about it I had a similar issue with a collective I built, the pot wasn't centred and FSUIPC was reading a zero value when the collective was only part way down. As soon as it started reading a negative value (pushing the collective a little further down) it would jump back up to full power? Did you take the pot out of the pedals or replace it?

75+ Posting Member

No there have been no changes . It was working ok but after trying to calibrate the tiller I lost rudder use

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Cumming View Post
    I have the revolution rudder pedals but I get different joy numbers for rudder and pedals - it changes on re-scan
    If the axis assignment in FSUIPC show changes on rescan then the axis shown is changing -- jittering. FSUIPC picks up the first axis to provide a new input. If you aren't changing it then it is changing by itself, so it is unstable -- a state known as "jitter" -- and not really very desirable. It is often a result of a poor power supply, dirt on the pots, high humidity or varying temperature, or simply poor quality hardware which makes it more susceptible to these things.

Incidentally, I've tried Leo Bodnar boards and these certainly do not contribute towards jitter, but are instead very stable indeed.

To separate jittering axes from each other, use the "ignore axis" button so that the rescan will pick up the other. That option only lasts whilst you stay in the options or click the button to clear the ignore list.

Best ask this sort of question in my Support Forum. I would normally see it more speedily -- although, saying that, after tomorrow I am away for 8 days.

Pete

75+ Posting Member

Thanks Peter I'll check it out again