Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

A380 Throttle Quadrant project

I have been a fan of flight simulator for a few years now, almost to the point where I would consider it to be an obsession. I absolutely love Project Airbus' new A380 model, and am dying to attempt to make an A380 throttle quadrant. I was thinking the four separate engine controls plus the two thrust reversers and speed-brake. (And if it would be a possibility, motorized for autothrottle?) But I truly do not know where to begin. Can any one help? All help will be greatly received. I think it might be important to inform you that I am 15 at this present time. I will hope to have my dad's assistance throughout this project. Once again many thanks.

EDIT: I would just like to add that I hope that I have placed in this in the right place. Therefore I would like to apologize before hand.
    Last edited by jbriscoe; 08-17-2011 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Forgot to include information.

150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A380 Throttle Quadrant project

Not sure if I can help you with dimensions or mechanisms etc but I can tell you that the Airbus throttles are not motorized. The autothrottle doesnt move them for the pilots. Hopefuly that will make it a bit simpler to build.

3. Thanks jbriscoe thanked for this post