Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Windowmaker tool updated!

I see the problem - you're in Belgium - You have Excel set to use a comma as the decimal separator. FSX requires a period as the decimal separator. Fix that and you should be fine.

2. Dislikes wizkid2552 disliked this post
    Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Quote Originally Posted by wledzian View Post
    I see the problem - you're in Belgium - You have Excel set to use a comma as the decimal separator. FSX requires a period as the decimal separator. Fix that and you should be fine.
    Hi !
    It works perfectly !! Many thanks for you effort and help. Most kind of you. How can I thank you ?
    Do you have a Paypal account on wich I could make some donation to further support your work ?

Thanks again,

Maurice

Hi,

I browsed this thread and I just used your great tool!! Oustanding work!

My home built cockpit is now waiting for a display solution. I've tested your .xls and it gives great results on FSX and 3 small 19" monitors with TH2G, but I plan to move on P3D with a much more powerful HW setup for computer and graphic cards (SLI)
    Also I would like to know if it's possible, from the center view and fov I have adjusted to fit my needs (I want the view of the VC panel to fit with the real panel I built so I have a 270 degrees 3d immersive display 'around' my home built cockpit) to use your tool to calculate the orientation and position of the left and right views based from that center view...
    I'll use 3 49" 4k tv sets (Full HD only so far) for left, center and right views around the pit.

Hope you see what I mean...

Best regards

Emmanuel

150+ Forum Groupie

For 270°, each window will be 90°, or slightly less if you account for the bezels. If you just want to set up three displays based on the single display that you've already calibrated, it should be a simple matter of setting it up for three windows and adjusting the total horizontal FOV by hand to match the Zoom factor that you've set.

Hi and thx for your reply,

I tried to achieve the 3 windows but I have horrible perspective distortions with a too low zoom level and wideview true.
    If I uncheck wideview, the result is really promising but I sure got to buy 2 or 3 more monitors to get a true 210 degrees FOV (I
    Do you know a software I could use to compensate or correct those persp. distortions ?
    Btw, I use P3D 2.4 and not FSX (anymore...)

Thanx in advance

Emmanuel

150+ Forum Groupie

Are you trying to get 210° on a single monitor in 3 windows? If so, you should probably have Wideviewaspect=true. This will give you a lot of distortion, as the vertical FOV will be very large.

When you're using three monitors, those perspective "distortions" will be correct, unlike when you view multiple windows on a single monitor.

If you want to cram such a wide FOV into a single monitor, I'd suggest trying 7 or 9 windows. It will give something closer to the view shown on the first page of this thread, but without the performance hit of 27 windows.

Hi,

well actually, I performed a test with a 55" Full HD TV and it was great. I guess that I now have to wait until I get those 49" TVs so that I'll made some real tests.
    But the results on the single TV were outstanding, I set 0.6 as zoom level and I almost had a real life vision of the cockpit, and I guess I'll be able to get a 210 degrees with the 3 sets.
    To be continued...

Hi all

This is my first post as a cockpit builder here. I am trying to get a 3-projector setup going and am trying to use Windowmaker.
    Sadly I am getting nowhere at the moment.

I am using P3d (and have found that the .flt files are actually fxml files now). So far so good. When I paste the spreadsheet data from Windowmaker into the fxml file, no matter how carefully I try, when I restart P3d, I get a message that P3d cannot find my aircraft and will start with the default only, so I just get a single screen with the F22 on it.

I am thinking that the problem lies with the file naming (flt vs fxml?) but no matter what I try I get the same result. I am using notepad for the file changes.

Can anyone help please? I am sure that there is a simple explanation but I have spent hours on this!

Regards

Britjet

150+ Forum Groupie

I see that you're in the UK. Is your decimal separator a comma or a period? FSX and P3D require that the separator be a period.

Thanks Wiedzian, I think I have it now. It wasn't a comma problem but more a case of not pasting blindly, and inserting the zoom and offsets in the correct camera sections. I am not very clever with file handling and I think I might post a summary of what I did in idiot-speak in case there are any more like me out there!

Thanks!

Brit

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast