Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Windowmaker tool updated!

Hi,

first off all many thanks for the amazing tool.

I use a TH2GO wir 3 24" monitors. I want to use 150 degrees FOV with 3 monitors (1920x1050).

I cant get this FOV with 3 windows. The Alignment is always totally wrong.

I have to use at least 6 windows to get a fine alignment, with 240 degrees FOV as well.

I am not really happy with the black lines, because i already have the frames from the monitors.

What i am making wrong? Is there ana limitations with 3 windows?

Would be nice if you can help me

Kind Regards

THomas

Addition: I tried many combinations. As soon as i go over 100 degrees FOV with 3 windows, the alignment goes extreme out of sync. Until 100 degrees all is fine.
    I am totally confused

150+ Forum Groupie

On first glance, it sounds like you've set WIDEVIEWASPECT=TRUE. In this mode, FSX constrains the narrow window dimension. When you use 3 windows, this is vertical, when we want to constrain horizontal. With 6 windows, horizontal becomes shorter, and things line up. To get it to work with 3 windows, just sew WIDEVIEWASPECT=FALSE.

Thanks for such a wonderful tool!! Just wondering though... Will this tool also work with FS9? If no, what needs to be adjusted to make it work with FS9? Thanks!
    Regards,

Efrain "E" Ruiz (HondaCop)
    LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org

150+ Forum Groupie

Sorry for the delayed response - for some reason, I've been having a hard time getting to MyCockpit through Comcast.

No, it doesn't work with FS9. FS9's camera system is significantly different. In addition, FS9 always sets the narrower resolution - there's no way to tell it that you want to define the wider resolution. You can do the calculations by hand to determine the vertical FOV for a given desired horizontal FOV, but there's still the issue that FS9 zooms in discrete steps, not smoothly like FSX.

So far, my best recommendation for FS9 is to get close manually, set all three windows to the same zoom, then use mouse-look to rotate the left and right windows to fine-tune the alignment.

Hello wledzian ,thanks for your tool . I used it to make 3 window 225FOV visuals based on 1 comp. , matrox th2g ,3 short-throw mitsubishi ew331u-st projectors. For image correction i used immersive display lite software. I did manage to perfectly correct and align 3 windows ,and i even manage to get rid of black borders between the windows. Althought i have noticed that even if image is perfectly aligned ...there are some issues especially on the runway lines are discontinuous and so far they match but are distorted after the matching line..and in the flight when the plane banks - the horizon distorts too ..if you understand what i mean....here are some pics so you could see the trouble....

Attachment 7449
    Attachment 7450
    Attachment 7451

My question is: should i continue play with the .flt file to find a perfect configuration or its useless??? althought i heared that there are warping software that corrects this distortion ..if so how they do it?

150+ Forum Groupie

I can't see the attachments, but I'm pretty sure I know exactly what you mean.

FSX produces standard perspective projections. Straight lines in space will be straight lines on the screen. Unfortunately, this means that these lines will be at different angles when viewed in different directions. Here's a thought experiment - think only of the horizon for a moment, and imagine that the plane is in a level banking turn. On a perspective projection, the horizon will be a straight line at an angle. But on a true spherical or cylindrical projection that wraps 180°, the horizon will be horizontal but low on one side, horizontal but high on the other side, and angled in the center. Overall, the horizon will trace a sinusoidal curve across the image. For a visual, take a look at the screenshot I included in the first post of this thread, showing a 360° view. This image is composed of 27 perspective-projection slices, so if you take a close look at the horizon particularly at the 90° point (the peak on the right side), you'll see that it is still composed of straight line segments.

If your edges line up, you're done messing with the .flt file. There's nothing more you can do from that side. There is software that corrects for this by allowing you to apply a custom warp to correct the perspective map to a spherical map in addition to the standard screen alignment warp, however this software typically retails for many thousands of dollars.

Thanks wledzian,i will upload pics later,as i understood immersive display lite does not provide correction to a spherical map...could you pls give me some recommendations on these softwares which will allow me to do that ???
    And one more question: how about x-plane pro? I saw it has an option like " cylinder prjection" but can't afford to use sinde i have the home version, does it provide spherical perspective??
    Thanks a lot for your time..

150+ Forum Groupie

If you've got the budget, Immersaview Warp provides the functionality.

My understanding of X-Plane is that it will always be one machine per visual channel, and Austin has no intention of changing that. For multiple channels, you will need multiple computers, each with its own license. If you want to use the spherical or cylindrical modes for more than the 10-minute demo period, you'll need to purchase a pro dongle for each machine as well.

You may also want to look at Immersive Display Pro by Fly Elise NG. Very affordable and will correct for any shape of the screen you have. I use it and can personally recommend it for use with flight sims.

Here is a video of Xplane on a curved screen:
    Cessna 152 II simulator with cylindrical screen projection

Wledzian,

Thanks for this wonderful tool. I am using Prepar3d with an ATI Eyefinity triple screen setup. I have 3 1920x1080 screens, landscape, so I have set WideviewAspect=False. My field of view is 135 degrees, with screens 3. Instead of getting 3 screens with 3 different views, I get 3 screens with 3 of the same view. What do you think I am doing wrong? Thanks for your time.

Best regards

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast