Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Standalone 737 Overhead Simulation

Hi,

I am looking for a program that doesn't have to commuicate with the simulator through fsuipc and can simulate the Switches, Annunciators and gauges of the overheadpanel.

I am not sure if PM System does this job, I think Prosim 737 needs the fsuipc connection?!

Got a bit confused from too much research on this topic....

What do you think would work? (Remember: I use Xplane and Mac but have an IOCP server running and using that is possible. And I want to control the LEDS and gauges with my Arduino (which works fine with the IOCP server but right now the x 737 has no complete Overhead (we are working on that) )

cheers marc

Programmer

Re: Standalone 737 Overhead Simulation

Prosim737 will mostly do this. It does not need FSUIPC to function. I'm testing it without FS running all the time. The only thing is that some systems (like APU start, pressurisation controllers, etc) need environmental data, hence it reads this from FSUIPC.

3. Thanks mrmaster thanked for this post

That is Great News for me question: will there Be a possibility to Connect to arduino to send The State of The LEDs+gauges? Some Simple tcp/ip Server would Be sufficient ... Serial would Be possible but it is Not such a good Communication Way imho... Can prosim also receive The environmental Data through iocp?

Thanks for The Quick reply !!!!

Marc

Programmer

The environmental data currently comes from FSUIPC, although it may get more open in the future, so this is currently not possible.
    I have one arduino card and it is a freely programmable PIC controller, so I don't think there is one standard to communicate with it. ProSim does offer a lot of hardware options though. IOCP is one options, which is a simple TCP based system.

Marty

OK I just successfully installed prosim on my old windows laptop. IN the configuration window there is a tab "Drivers" and here I see IOCP server - is that what I must use to connect to Prosim from my Arduino via telnet? And if yes... in the config file do I have to map the various things to the IOCP server variables that connects to Xplane or to the one that will go to my Arduino??? I am not really sure if I know what I am doing... maybe you can help me out here.

marc