Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hello everyone - Stoney here!

A good day to you all here on MyCockpit, I thought it'd be polite if I were to formally introduce myself...

I've been planning and fiddling with cockpit parts on and off over several years now, and was once involved in Project Learjet (which ultimately dried out because everyone had a real life to live...). Now I have my own space and the cockpit bug started to bite again

Here's the setup I threw together today with some bits I had laying around. The monitors are 10" industrial LCD screens which match the dimensions of a Honeywell Primus 1000 system (fitted in ERJ-145's, Citation X and Learjets) pretty nicely, and the flight deck setup will be a testbed for future developments of OpenRJ, seen in action here. The screens are mounted to an open desk frame of a well known Swedish furniture company

The whole deck will be a generic "Frankenstein" type of sim, since I don't want to restrict myself to a specific aircraft but just enjoy flying it, and I have a lot of existing off-the-shelf hardware (like the Saitek Pro Flight series and the OpenCockpits MCP) I want to use in my flight deck instead of having to start over or heavily modify everything.

Visuals will be done by a 2000 lumen DLP projector and I will probably install some car seats later. Right now I want to focus on the functional and hardware aspects first, if that's all sorted, I can start looking at cosmetics.

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Hello everyone - Stoney here!

Hi,
    I didn't know IKEA made cockpits.
    Allan.