10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Real Engine Start Switches and PM Systems (odd behavior)

Hello. I was wondering if anybody has been able to connect real engine start switches to the FDS SYS board. I just finished wiring the entire overhead (both LEDs and switches) and also connected my Cole switches to the SYS board. Steve Cos helped me with the wiring diagram. Only the GRD, CONT and FLT modes are actually connected. The switches position appear in PM Systems when I turn the knob. So far so good. However, I'm getting some weird behavior, and I'm not sure what is causing it.

Here's my issue. After starting the APU and making sure that bleed air is available, I open the APU bleed air valve. However, upon opening the Engine 1 bleed air, the engine starts! I don't even need to use the start switch. The engine starts right after receiving bleed air. I just don't think this is realistic. But I am not sure how to fix/alter this logic. My sense is that this has to do with Project Magenta. But I thought I’d ask here too in case someone has gone through the same issue and found a solution.

Can someone help me troubleshoot this issue? By the way, I also asked the folks at Project Magenta, but have not heard back yet.

Many thanks.

Gianluca

150+ Forum Groupie

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Real Engine Start Switches and PM Systems (odd behavior)

If your fuel cutoff switch is in the idle position the engine will fire as soon as it reaches the necessary speed. If your cutoff switches are in the off position make sure that's how they appear in PM Systems

Joe.