Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Before/After

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Before/After

Hi Craig,

Interesting that you modified the AHK BFF driver for yaw. According Jim, yaw does seem to add nice cues. And depending on the rotation point, fast yaw could possibly provide some lateral cues as well, nice for side slip.
    I still use BFF version 1.5: it is flexible, does what I need, and has little impact on framerates. I do add some extra cues via 2nd PC, like touch down jolt, runway bump, and egine shudder.

I did not try X-sim, so can't comment on that.

Heave for sure will be tricky, though it is merely a matter of upscaling mechanics. A balanced system should keep average power low, just the accelerations will be less if you have power restrictions. A beefy tactile transducer would be the next alternative.
    RR

Gidday Roland.
    Yea, upscaling the mechanics and IMO balancing all the negative forces out will help, and i intend to do that in all DOF. Have you not tried X-Sim? I did when I changed from the stuff me and Jim were doing way back then, however the roll inputs from FSUIPC werent right and I couldnt get the desired effect, but it looks a bit better now, I can PM you the BFF files with my mods if you want.
    Need to work on the tactictile transducers anyway. Looking at the same machanisms that lifts examination beds in your local doctor surgery for heave.
    Cheers, nice to hear from you.

Hi Craig,

Note that heave motion needs to be fast to be felt well. The inclinable bed actuators (see below pic) are too slow to be useful.
    IMG_3678.JPG

Yes, I'd appreciate if you could send me a copy of the modified BFF files, please use the email address on my simprojects website. Thanks!
    RR

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123